Anyone watching Yellowstone?

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I've done a little searching for answers to these questions, but everything comes back with filming locations. I'm not curious about filming locations but where the show is actually supposed to occur. I believe the ranch is supposed to existing north of the national park. They show many city scenes and the implication is that they just popped into town. Helena and Missoula are actually a pretty good distance away. Bozeman wouldn't be that far from the the fixational location of the ranch. Anyone else wondered about this sort of thing?

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
I like how Jamie left his doors open and headlights on right by the highway, which then left enough light for Beth to get the photo. I've never dropped off a body, but if I did, there would not be nearly that much illumination. :)
So my question about that scene is: did Beth purposely let herself become an accessory to the crime or was she so determine to "own" Jamie she did not realize what she was doing? I think taking that picture was a big mistake by Beth. If Jamie gets arrested for the murder of his biological father, he will have no problems taking down his adopted family. I think he might, and I stress might, have some regret about hurting Kayce (the only Dutton he seems to be still on decent terms with), but he'll sleep comfortably if it hurt John and especially Beth.

Reactions: UAH

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
So my question about that scene is: did Beth purposely let herself become an accessory to the crime or was she so determine to "own" Jamie she did not realize what she was doing? I think taking that picture was a big mistake by Beth. If Jamie gets arrested for the murder of his biological father, he will have no problems taking down his adopted family. I think he might, and I stress might, have some regret about hurting Kayce (the only Dutton he seems to be still on decent terms with), but he'll sleep comfortably if it hurt John and especially Beth.
She took a photo of a crime in progress. That is not a crime.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
That is true but you are not at the "train station" at that time of night because you are a good sumaritan looking to do good deeds.
It also seems strange that they bury all of the bodies at the same place. If it's ever found, presto, all the deeds are uncovered.

fireater

All-SEC
Oct 12, 2008
Laramie, WY
I've done a little searching for answers to these questions, but everything comes back with filming locations. I'm not curious about filming locations but where the show is actually supposed to occur. I believe the ranch is supposed to existing north of the national park. They show many city scenes and the implication is that they just popped into town. Helena and Missoula are actually a pretty good distance away. Bozeman wouldn't be that far from the the fixational location of the ranch. Anyone else wondered about this sort of thing?
It is set in Paradise Valley (Emigrant, Pray, Chico Hot Springs), just south of Livingston MT., by about 30-35 miles. Yankee Jim Canyon closes in Paradise Valley to south on the way to the North entrance of Yellowstone National Park.

It would be more accurate if the Train Station was in Idaho. Part of the Park is in Idaho, and apparently constitutionally, you can get away with murder there, because you can’t get a jury of you peers there.

A lot of liberties have been taken with the locations, what do they call it, “literary license “?

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
It is set in Paradise Valley (Emigrant, Pray, Chico Hot Springs), just south of Livingston MT., by about 30-35 miles. Yankee Jim Canyon closes in Paradise Valley to south on the way to the North entrance of Yellowstone National Park.

It would be more accurate if the Train Station was in Idaho. Part of the Park is in Idaho, and apparently constitutionally, you can get away with murder there, because you can’t get a jury of you peers there.

A lot of liberties have been taken with the locations, what do they call it, “literary license “?
Thanks. With all of the zipping around from city to city, I was trying to visualize where the fictional place sort of had to occur in the real world. I realize that's not exactly a practical exercise, but was curious nonetheless.

Reactions: fireater

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I just now decided to browse some threads on here other than football. lol.

I have watched all the Yellowstone episodes. I really like the show. The scenery is awesome. Wish I could somehow be an extra on this. lol I look forward to next season's episodes.

I also finished the Season 4 of Ozark. I think the next half of season 4 will come out at end of this year. The first half is 7 episodes. I also liked Breaking Bad on Netflix. Blacklist is good too. I think this is the last season for Blacklist though. I really like James Spader. Another show I really like is This is Us. Last season for this show also.

I am ready for football season again! RTR

Reactions: Toddrn

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Are you ready for YET for another prequel spinoff series to Yellowstone called......you guess it....1932? I think it will center around I believe John Dutton's grandparents.

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
Are you ready for YET for another prequel spinoff series to Yellowstone called......you guess it....1932? I think it will center around I believe John Dutton's grandparents.
If it's only going to be on Paramount+ then I won't be watching it either. They have to realize that people can't/won't subscribe to everything.

Reactions: Padreruf

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
If it's only going to be on Paramount+ then I won't be watching it either. They have to realize that people can't/won't subscribe to everything.
I agree. Taylor Sheridan is losing his danggum mind with all of these shows in the Yellowstone uniserse. I mean do we need to know EVERYTHING about the Dutton family?

I simply cannot wait till we get a show built around Monroe Dutton and him defending his moon ranch against invading Martians.

• Haha
Reactions: Toddrn

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Same. Also won't get Apple+. These services with only a few hundred hours of good content need to be driven out of business.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I just now decided to browse some threads on here other than football. lol.

I have watched all the Yellowstone episodes. I really like the show. The scenery is awesome. Wish I could somehow be an extra on this. lol I look forward to next season's episodes.

I also finished the Season 4 of Ozark. I think the next half of season 4 will come out at end of this year. The first half is 7 episodes. I also liked Breaking Bad on Netflix. Blacklist is good too. I think this is the last season for Blacklist though. I really like James Spader. Another show I really like is This is Us. Last season for this show also.

I am ready for football season again! RTR
Also....on Amazon Prime: "Goliath" and "Bosch"!

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Love those quotes!

I knew Teeter was Little Joe's daughter. And that the girl who distracted Jimmy at the rodeo is Josh Brolin's daughter, Eden.

My fav. character is Rip Wheeler. Kind of a no nonsense guy.

Fav. scene so far is the when "Mo Brings Plenty" paints his horse with war paint - and then later on telling Chief Rainwater about John Dutton...."He rode into battle with honor when most wouldn’t have… maybe he’s not the enemy we think he is.”

Mo is one of my favorites. Wish they`d feature him more..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.