AR pattern rifles, was 'Reuben in trouble again...

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
While I totally believe in allowing for the judicial side of things to run their course, the fact that RF had such a weapon is concerning. Though legal, the only thing this weapon and AR types are used for is to kill people. Next time he gets mad at his girlfriend he might actually fire and then the charges are so much more serious.

RF needs a new set of friends, ie get rid of his posse, possibly get a new girlfriend, and get rid of the weapon.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Re: Reuben in trouble again...

While I totally believe in allowing for the judicial side of things to run their course, the fact that RF had such a weapon is concerning. Though legal, the only thing this weapon and AR types are used for is to kill people.
I'll say this much and move along - based on your post I'd suggest there are a LOT more of this type of firearm out there than you're aware of. I have several myself, and strangely have never killed anyone.

Now let's drop that aspect of this so we don't send this straight to non-sports...

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

Though legal, the only thing this weapon and AR types are used for is to kill people. Next time he gets mad at his girlfriend he might actually fire and then the charges are so much more serious.

RF needs a new set of friends, ie get rid of his posse, possibly get a new girlfriend, and get rid of the weapon.
Funny I have had several in my safe for years and they have not killed a single person.

I hope Reuben gets the help he needs so that he is not in this situation in the future. If Reuben did anything to his girlfriend or ANY woman, he deserves everything coming to him. Let’s also remember their are always 2 sides.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

While I totally believe in allowing for the judicial side of things to run their course, the fact that RF had such a weapon is concerning. Though legal, the only thing this weapon and AR types are used for is to kill people. Next time he gets mad at his girlfriend he might actually fire and then the charges are so much more serious.

That's just not a true statement. I know lots of folks who use them for various types of small/medium game hunting and varmit/predator control. I know a few that even use them for short/medium distance deer hunting and the occasional small hog.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

That's just not a true statement. I know lots of folks who use them for various types of small/medium game hunting and varmit/predator control. I know a few that even use them for short/medium distance deer hunting and the occasional small hog.
Mine last took out a groundhog... :)

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

Though legal, the only thing this weapon and AR types are used for is to kill people. Next time he gets mad at his girlfriend he might actually fire and then the charges are so much more serious.
First off, let's be clear on this. Professional athletes have been the victims of violent home invasions. I think it makes a lot of sense for them to have weapons that are effective against people.

That aside, the idea that someone shouldn't possess something because they might kill someone with it is a terribly weak argument. May be you shouldn't own a knife because you might stab someone with it, or a car because you might run over someone with it, or a axe because you might murder someone with it. If someone has murderous intent, there's plenty of ways to do it.

Edit: Sorry for taking this further down the non-sports path, just not a fan of implying possession leads to violence. I can add that I was upset the Saints didn't draft Foster, but they ended up with a starter on the offensive line who managed to stay out of the news.

Last edited:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

First off, let's be clear on this. Professional athletes have been the victims of violent home invasions. I think it makes a lot of sense for them to have weapons that are effective against people.

That aside, the idea that someone shouldn't possess something because they might kill someone with it is a terribly weak argument. May be you shouldn't own a knife because you might stab someone with it, or a car because you might run over someone with it, or a axe because you might murder someone with it. If someone has murderous intent, there's plenty of ways to do it.
I could comment, but this is rapidly moving into another arena besides sports, don`t you guys think?

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

To keep this sports related I'll throw in the Sean Taylor is the prime example of this. Arguably on his way to a HOF type of career and his life was take by a couple idiots breaking into his house.

Last edited:

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008

:rolleyes:

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama

Not to mention Shooting targets such as cans and bottles is a blast.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

Sorry......i will respectfully disagree........every firearm ever made has the potential to kill people. There are literally thousands upon thousands of AR and AK type rifles that are owned by people......id be willing to bet there are quite a few members on this board who own them..........nothing wrong with owning them either

Last edited:

Bubbaloo

1st Team
Dec 8, 2015

Sorry......i will respectfully disagree........every firearm ever made has the potential to kill people. There are literally thousands upon thousands of AR and AK type rifles that are owned by people......id be willing to bet there are quite a few members on this board who own them..........nothing wrong with owning them either
Every rock ever made has the potential to kill someone. It all boils down to who holds the rock, knife, gun, acid,hammer, steering wheel or gunpowder. Chattbritt would(should?) agree that Great Britain certainly isn't violence free but is supposedly gun free. A firearm is a tool and is as good or evil as its wielder. Some people shouldn't be allowed to play with elementary school sissors.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.