Question: Are referees crooked?

BayouBama75

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2001
Knoxville, TN
What is so funny if that if you go to the Auburn boards, all they ever complain about is how Alabama gets all the calls and Alabama would lose 2-3 games every year if not for the refs. That is probably where Bo Nix got his opinion from that he expressed last week. The other non-stop excuse they use is Alabama cheats and pays their players. A lot of frustration on those boards. I seldom look at them much anymore.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
What is so funny if that if you go to the Auburn boards, all they ever complain about is how Alabama gets all the calls and Alabama would lose 2-3 games every year if not for the refs. That is probably where Bo Nix got his opinion from that he expressed last week. The other non-stop excuse they use is Alabama cheats and pays their players. A lot of frustration on those boards. I seldom look at them much anymore.

Reactions: RollTide_HTTR

Bama9001

1st Team
Sep 26, 2017
Just 5 well timed DPI and Holding Calls can create a 15-35 point swing in any competitive game.
Therein lies the crux of the entire problem. Those are the most subjective calls in any game and neither of them are reviewable. Furthermore, in both DPI and holding, the biggest issue is what's not called so you really don't have anything to review. The only potential answers I can see are rules changes or full time, highly professional officials.

I'd like to see some of the less subjective calls reviewed. For instance the facemask and horse collar calls. Review them and if it's clear that the infraction did not occur just overturn the penalty. We've seen bogus calls on both this season.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Not a new member, original Jaxflbamafan could not be found, been here for many years.

Could an official be bought? Some have been, and have been found out. It has happened and dealt with I.e. NBA; those incidents are few who have been publicly flogged when found out.

I don’t believe they are crooked. I do believe that officiating a football game will never be a perfect science. Plays where no infractions occur are few, fans point out missed calls EVERY play. Fans have the benefit of watching replay in isolation and slow motion, referee’s don’t. Some officiating misses and mistakes are more egregious than others.

Claims that some officiating crews do a poor job are justified. But claims of being crooked I believe are far fetched for the most part.
Sir, what excuse do you have for the slo-mo, multi-view replays who uphold or overturn a CLEARLY AND ABSOLUTELY wrong call? They EITHER HAVE A BET ON THE GAME OR BLIND? I would like to hear ALL THOSE that happen every week. Early on there was the Penn State officials claiming 3rd down was 4th down and on and on and on like the field goal that clearly from every angle was wide -- and yet replay REFUSED TO OVERTURN THE CALL? Go ahead, I am listening.

Lifer

Scout Team
Nov 20, 2021
Jacksonville Fl
Sir, what excuse do you have for the slo-mo, multi-view replays who uphold or overturn a CLEARLY AND ABSOLUTELY wrong call? They EITHER HAVE A BET ON THE GAME OR BLIND? I would like to hear ALL THOSE that happen every week. Early on there was the Penn State officials claiming 3rd down was 4th down and on and on and on like the field goal that clearly from every angle was wide -- and yet replay REFUSED TO OVERTURN THE CALL? Go ahead, I am listening.
I’m not here to defend college football officiating. It’s just hard to believe that officiating is so obviously bad and there is never an investigative story on corruption.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.