Arik Gilbert no longer going to UF (update: going to UGA)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Rumors are he is academically ineligible. In his tweet, he said he won’t announce his née school until he is enrolled. I wonder if he was having enrollment issues.

I’m in the minority on this one, but he is one that would be better off if the NFL had a D league.
I know that FL has higher academic requirements, but ineligible suggests that he would not be able to play for any FBS schools.

Reactions: CB4

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I know that FL has higher academic requirements, but ineligible suggests that he would not be able to play for any FBS schools.
Yeah, Arik saying he was “homesick” in Baton Rouge may have been more an excuse if he was struggling academically.

Last edited:
Reactions: B1GTide

OSUTideFan

All-American
Dec 17, 2019
Indiana
Rumors are he is academically ineligible. In his tweet, he said he won’t announce his née school until he is enrolled. I wonder if he was having enrollment issues.

I’m in the minority on this one, but he is one that would be better off if the NFL had a D league.
I suggested this last year and got some eyes rolled at me. It is what it is. I hope he overcomes any issues he has off the football field and goes on to become a successful football star.

Reactions: Bazza and seebell

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Welcome to the wonderful world of the transfer portal, folks. I imagine we will see more and not less of this sort of thing. Putting more power into the hands of 18 year olds is not automatically a good thing I’m afraid. I was 18 once, so I’m an expert 😂
So far it has only helped, not hurt, Alabama and Ohio State, so I support it.

🍻

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
I know Pickens but not sure who Washington and Burton are. I think he would certainly have less chances at splitting catches on our roster.
Darnell Washington is a 5* big 6'7" TE, pretty much a Gilbert clone, and Jermaine Burton is the WR2.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
7 rec 166 yds .
That doesn’t tell the whole story, but I think he’s more of a blocking and receiving TE whereas Gilbert just wants the ball.
Yep - Washington is a true TE while Gilbert is more like Billingsley.

Reactions: The Ols

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.