Arik Gilbert no longer going to UF (update: going to UGA)

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
You forget how important football is...
There was a UGA WR that was “functionally illiterate”...never should have been in school.
Turns out well, he learned to read and writes children’s books...but he never should have been admitted. That spot should have gone to someone else while he learned to read....and now they use that as a positive
recruiting tool...great story, should have played out elsewhere.
I loved hearing the story about the receiver you are talking about. Can't remember his name, but he worked hard and had a great payoff for his hard work.

Reactions: The Ols

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I called it. He’s going to UGA now. They can’t beat us on the field so they are trying anything to brute force us via the transfer portal.
I thought he had grade issues and wasn't going to qualify?
Clearly Kirby really needs a W badly...he's pulling out all of the stops.
I'll laugh my butt off if they lose to the Boogs with a lake in game one and then Kirby another one way...
This is his best shot...he's going all in...
Poor guy's going to cry when we beat them in the SECCG...

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I thought he had grade issues and wasn't going to qualify?
Clearly Kirby really needs a W badly...he's pulling out all of the stops.
I'll laugh my butt off if they lose to the Boogs with a lake in game one and then Kirby another one way...
This is his best shot...he's going all in...
Poor guy's going to cry when we beat them in the SECCG...
Yep, and Kirby also got today the 5 star CB from Clemson who was in the portal, Kendricks. I think he was dismissed from Clemson in Feb. He committed to UGA today too. I know Arik Gilbert will be closer to home playing at UGA... I don't blame him for wanting out of the LSU atmosphere.. I wonder if they will use him as a receiver more than a TE (if his grades allow him to continue playing) since they also have Darnell Washington. Kirby will do anything... I bet he gets more transfers by Fall if he has room on the roster. I will be pulling for the Gators to win when they play UGA. I think that game decides the East. Florida will have 1 loss at least by then when Bama beats them though.RTR

• Roll Tide!

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
The 5* kid from Clemson got booted for gun and other charges...guess that's OK in Athens?
Legit, this is getting ridiculous...Tough living here listening to these clowns talk about how awesome Kirby and UGA are...They haven't done anything yet with their cast from the Island of Misfit Toys...
Maybe Kirby's hearing rumbling, so he's taking the win at any price road.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
The 5* kid from Clemson got booted for gun and other charges...guess that's OK in Athens?
Legit, this is getting ridiculous...Tough living here listening to these clowns talk about how awesome Kirby and UGA are...They haven't done anything yet with their cast from the Island of Misfit Toys...
I understand giving a kid a second chance (saban has always been big on second chances) but there needs to be a step in between where the kid earns his way back. This just sounds like “hey well we need you cause we can’t win the big one”

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I mean, I'm not even listening for it and I'm hearing the natives getting restless over in Athens as they've come to realize they hired Richt 2.0...
Not Right now, though . With portal recruiting wins, you can only hear champagne flutes clinking in toasting a 2021 national championship. Preseason is the only time they get to do that!

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
The rumor is that Gilbert didn’t have the grades, but summer school will get him up to speed. Funny, 2 kids ( Pickens and Gilbert ) that everyone said would need to go the JuCo route got accepted at UGA. I remember a few years back, Richt was miffed that UGA admissions wouldn’t accept a HS kid He signed that was qualified at most SEC schools. My ,My….. how times have changed

• Thank You

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
The rumor is that Gilbert didn’t have the grades, but summer school will get him up to speed. Funny, 2 kids ( Pickens and Gilbert ) that everyone said would need to go the JuCo route got accepted at UGA. I remember a few years back, Richt was miffed that UGA admissions wouldn’t accept a HS kid He signed that was qualified at most SEC schools. My ,My….. how times have changed
The dawg fans are constantly harping about standards being relaxed at other schools for players.............then this.............

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I have seen a couple of articles from Dawg writers who think these two transfers are what they needed to unseat Bama and win the NC. They will be a serious contender but they better hope two teams from the SEC get into the play-offs.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.