Article high on Paul Tyson

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I've heard good things about Tyson since last summer but that article might have been a little too rosy for my taste. I'm certain that the competition this spring will be fully open to the three guys we have. It's up to them to sort it out.
Rosey is a massive understatement. Mac Jones was not even elevated in the press before the season to this extent and we actually knew what he could do.

I think Tyson has a shot, but it kinda seems like a David Cornwell or Cooper Bateman story than a Mac Jones type of story.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
If anyone had all that they would be the 2nd coming...a little hyperbole in my opinion...but I like that there's a competition brewing.
My point is the guy went way overboard with the comparison to the current NFL who’s who with a guy that hasn’t taken a meaningful snap. I’m surprised he didn’t say he has the throwing angles like Patrick Mahomes and the speed of Lamar Jackson.

Again I think Tyson will have a golden opportunity to take the job, but right now this level of hype is totally unwarranted at the moment.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Rosey is a massive understatement. Mac Jones was not even elevated in the press before the season to this extent and we actually knew what he could do.

I think Tyson has a shot, but it kinda seems like a David Cornwell or Cooper Bateman story than a Mac Jones type of story.
Aye - if Tyson looked this good he would have been getting mop up duty rather than Young taking those snaps.

I don't care who wins the job - I want the best guy we have at QB - I just doubt the accuracy of this report when he's never taken an in-game snap (as far as I can recall).

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Aye - if Tyson looked this good he would have been getting mop up duty rather than Young taking those snaps.

I don't care who wins the job - I want the best guy we have at QB - I just doubt the accuracy of this report when he's never taken an in-game snap (as far as I can recall).
Im in the same boat. Whoever can get us to #19 is the man I back.

But you bring up a great point. Many believed Lia was our #2 in 2019, but who started and who didn’t? CNS isn’t going to sit a guy with the serious potential of starting and keep him from getting much needed reps.

Last edited:
Reactions: crimsonaudio

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Saban is going to start who he thinks is going to give the team the best chance to win.

I am sure Tyson has improved but there is a reason he didn’t get any snaps last year. We’ll see how things go in spring practice.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Quite a bit of hyperbole. The most glaring was comparing his mind to TB. We won't know that until/if he played in some crucial games.

The biggest "fact" and likely motivation for the article is he's "the great-grandson of Paul Bear Bryant."

I do love Tyson's size. If the other things are true all I say is "bring it on!"

Reactions: The Ols

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

You mean, "Tyson carries the size of Ben Roethlisberger, the arm talent of Philip Rivers/Drew Brees, the footwork of Aaron Rodgers, and the mindset of Tom Brady" was pushing the envelop a bit? :cool:
I really think the talent "between the ears" is the most difficult thing to evaluate. Joker sure has it and really hope Tyson does too.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.