at least 19 killed in nashville tornado early this morning

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i hope all of our fellow tidefans in the area are ok

we had some nasty storms come through about 3am this morning that woke my daughter up. i guess it was part of the same system

Reactions: Jon

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I have a ton of friends and clients there, so far all seem to be safe and accounted for.

As wet / mild as this winter has been tornado season might be busy this year...
i knew it was supposed to rain, but i was not expecting strong t-storms last night. it is warm and muggy here today. this back and forth of temps is taking a toll on me. it was around 30 deg sunday morning when i rode.

Reactions: NationalTitles18

Bama 8Ball

1st Team
Oct 10, 2018
Too Far North
Wow, I read it was 2 less than an hour ago. Seems like that number may go higher still, awful
Rough night around here guys and gals. Monday night is usually the weeknight that I am out late at the pool hall. Luckily, the action was light, so I came home early. Woke up this am and about 25 miles north of me looks like a wasteland. Those middle of the night tornadoes are scary.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Rough night around here guys and gals. Monday night is usually the weeknight that I am out late at the pool hall. Luckily, the action was light, so I came home early. Woke up this am and about 25 miles north of me looks like a wasteland. Those middle of the night tornadoes are scary.
glad you are ok. some of the pictures i saw this morning were awful

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I have some acquaintances (from work) who lost their 4 year old and their 1 year old is in critical condition @ Vandy from last night’s storms. Parents are ok after suffering minor injuries. Good family They live in Cookeville. Pray for them.
I haven't heard from GrayTide. He's in Cookeville. I'll PM him. My stepson and DIL slept through it, since there were no precautionary warnings. First they knew this AM was when the schools called and notified that they were closed. They're a couple of blocks north of Brentwood, so south of the path. His firm's office is downtown but they escaped damage. He had some clients with damage...

Bama 8Ball

1st Team
Oct 10, 2018
Too Far North
My stepson and DIL slept through it, since there were no precautionary warnings. First they knew this AM was when the schools called and notified that they were closed.
Yes it was crazy. Only thing I got was a text from my wife about 830 pm saying the weather man was interrupting "the Bachelor" :rolleyes:, but usually all cell phones in my house go crazy with alerts. Last night, nothing. My buddy lives in Brentwood, very close to a weather siren and it never went off either.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yes it was crazy. Only thing I got was a text from my wife about 830 pm saying the weather man was interrupting "the Bachelor" :rolleyes:, but usually all cell phones in my house go crazy with alerts. Last night, nothing. My buddy lives in Brentwood, very close to a weather siren and it never went off either.
Our kids live barely in Nashville, two blocks from Brentwood. They got no notice. Found out when the schools called to say classes were canceled...

Reactions: NationalTitles18

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
My son, daughter in law and granddaughter live in the Standford Estates area that was demolished. They live just up the street from Donelson Christian that was destroyed as well. He has some heavy damage but at least he can live in his home. So many people lost everything they owned. Daniel had 9 people staying them immediately after the tornado. It is awful!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.