2020 Prospect: **** ATH Drew Sanders Flips From OU to Alabama ****

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Things look very different now than they did a few months ago because of the play of Mac Jones. Then, a whole lot of people assumed that Tua would be in the NFL and that BY would be the starter next year. Now it is clear that BY will have to wait, and he will be 3rd string if Tua comes back. If Tua comes back, will Mac transfer?

With Mac and Tua both playing next year for Alabama, BY gets no snaps. Taulia would likely be the 3rd string QB. That would put Maye and BY on pretty even footing and make the decision easier for Maye to stick with Alabama. Pretty much any other scenario - you lose Maye. Any scenario that provides BY with a decent number of snaps next year would put Maye behind him, but BY would still have at least 2 years to play. Would Maye stick with Alabama and hope to play as a junior or senior?

So, if Tua stays and Mac transfers, you probably lose Maye. If Tua leaves and Mac stays, you probably lose Maye. If both stay, you could keep Maye.

JMHO
Most programs would love to have that problem... :cool:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Things look very different now than they did a few months ago because of the play of Mac Jones. Then, a whole lot of people assumed that Tua would be in the NFL and that BY would be the starter next year. Now it is clear that BY will have to wait, and he will be 3rd string if Tua comes back. If Tua comes back, will Mac transfer?

With Mac and Tua both playing next year for Alabama, BY gets no snaps. Taulia would likely be the 3rd string QB. That would put Maye and BY on pretty even footing and make the decision easier for Maye to stick with Alabama. Pretty much any other scenario - you lose Maye. Any scenario that provides BY with a decent number of snaps next year would put Maye behind him, but BY would still have at least 2 years to play. Would Maye stick with Alabama and hope to play as a junior or senior?

So, if Tua stays and Mac transfers, you probably lose Maye. If Tua leaves and Mac stays, you probably lose Maye. If both stay, you could keep Maye.

JMHO
A great question and who knows? While I know there`s probably more involved, from a purely football standpoint, if I were Mac, I`d transfer. He`s got his bona fides to start for another program IMO.

Reactions: B1GTide

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL

JMHO
Forgot to add Paul Tyson in the mix as well...., regardless of how it goes I see at least one if not two transferring after Spring practice this upcoming season. Especially if a pecking order starts gets established. As far as Maye goes 2021 class is a long way off so we shall see.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Forgot to add Paul Tyson in the mix as well...., regardless of how it goes I see at least one if not two transferring after Spring practice this upcoming season. Especially if a pecking order starts gets established. As far as Maye goes 2021 class is a long way off so we shall see.
That was on purpose. Tyson has no role on this team. If he wants to play, he needs to transfer.

Reactions: The Ols

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
That was on purpose. Tyson has no role on this team. If he wants to play, he needs to transfer.
actually he would be smart to learn under Sark for as long as possible until he can grad transfer. His HS team runs Gus bus system and hes behind the curve as a result. BY is the 99th percentile because of his system and was making checks and calls at the line.

Reactions: UAllday and B1GTide

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Mac will surely transfer and is a good qb but he isn't elite yet nor that close. Our Wr made YAC a ton and the first play to JJ was Sark scheming an advantage. Tua returning helps BY learn under Tua and gain weight. Lia will now stay and fight for the job next year and Maye will stick as well. Its the best case scenario for us

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
actually he would be smart to learn under Sark for as long as possible until he can grad transfer
I agree, but like Skylar DeLong, right now he is just taking a scholly that could be better used elsewhere. Sounds harsh, but that is the business.

Reactions: Tiderollin32

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
A great question and who knows? While I know there`s probably more involved, from a purely football standpoint, if I were Mac, I`d transfer. He`s got his bona fides to start for another program IMO.
For giggles and grins - it would have to be to a place where he would almost assuredly be the starter or why transfer? With that said, what destination would fit the bill? With having to learn a new offense and beating the others out, I just don't see where that would be... 🤔

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Best case... Drew to work out at OLB... and I think he will do just fine. He should see some playing time this fall. I can see Sanders being moved around on field ….

He might see some time on offense on goalline situation time to time.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.