Game Thread: Atlanta Braves @ Milwaukee Brewers

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Didn't y'all like how, in the booth last night, Jordan was talking about how after 100 at bats you kind of know what you are going to get from a hitter for the year but then Skip kept making excuses and say you have to really give them to June 1.

I just found the conversation amusing and I'm tired of Skip's "everything is on the verge of being great" attitude. Of course things can turn around, last year is evidence of that but, it also took a number of mid-season moves. Can we count on that again, can AA hit the jackpot again?

This lineup has definitely been underwhelming so far this year. With the off season moves, I did not expect this kind of start. I was thinking the Braves would be first or second in the division and slowly take over as the year progressed. Now it is going to take everything this team has to climb back into the race.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Didn't y'all like how, in the booth last night, Jordan was talking about how after 100 at bats you kind of know what you are going to get from a hitter for the year but then Skip kept making excuses and say you have to really give them to June 1.

I just found the conversation amusing and I'm tired of Skip's "everything is on the verge of being great" attitude. Of course things can turn around, last year is evidence of that but, it also took a number of mid-season moves. Can we count on that again, can AA hit the jackpot again?

This lineup has definitely been underwhelming so far this year. With the off season moves, I did not expect this kind of start. I was thinking the Braves would be first or second in the division and slowly take over as the year progressed. Now it is going to take everything this team has to climb back into the race.
The problem with using last year as an example is that we added another playoff spot. There will be Atleast 3-4 teams still in contention by the midway point and less sellers. Hitting is a problem but I think we have really been given one of the hardest first half schedules of all time as well. So I expect things to change for the better at some point… the question is if it will be too late.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I keep forgetting that the playoffs have been expanded, not to mention how much I hate that it has happened. The way the third division winner is forced to play in the wildcard round is a joke. Braves would have had to beat the Reds in a 3 game series last year if this was the format, instead of watching the wildcard teams from home.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Today I’m at the site of the home field of the Boston Braves from 1915-1952. This is the place where Bane Ruth hit his last home run. And Warren Spahn pitched. This is the precise same right field pavilion (updated of course) as was there then. There is more of Braves Field still in use than any other old “extinct” ballpark of the early 20th century.
BB97F19D-B667-4E14-9E71-4BF137BA810C.jpeg

Reactions: BhamToTexas

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Today I’m at the site of the home field of the Boston Braves from 1915-1952. This is the place where Bane Ruth hit his last home run. And Warren Spahn pitched. This is the precise same right field pavilion (updated of course) as was there then. There is more of Braves Field still in use than any other old “extinct” ballpark of the early 20th century.
View attachment 24904
Batman villain Bane Ruth.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I am not sure but I think we are the worst team in MLB when it comes to this
Ever since 2020 we are the worse at it. We are the worst team period at extra inning games. The damn pirates have more wins in extras.

It just sucks that Jansen picked today to blow a save. We could have won the season series 4-2 and felt good going into Miami tomorrow. But even then, why Snitker keeps picking noodle arms in high stress innings is consistently becoming a problem.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Ever since 2020 we are the worse at it. We are the worst team period at extra inning games. The damn pirates have more wins in extras.

It just sucks that Jansen picked today to blow a save. We could have won the season series 4-2 and felt good going into Miami tomorrow. But even then, why Snitker keeps picking noodle arms in high stress innings is consistently becoming a problem.
Jansen pitched in 4 games across 5 days. I don't blame him. Not really his fault.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.