aTm's 2023 recruiting class...

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I'm going to need a little help from Jimbo here...I know that it's early and we're still outside the top 10, but they're sitting somewhere in the 50 range with 5 recruits...3 4s and 2 3s...
Normally i woudn't pick at this stage, but after last year's record setting haul and Jimbo's claim that it was all hard work and absolutely NOT NIL...what happened?
Did his staff just stop working?
Asking for a few friends...

Reactions: Windsortide

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I'm going to need a little help from Jimbo here...I know that it's early and we're still outside the top 10, but they're sitting somewhere in the 50 range with 5 recruits...3 4s and 2 3s...
Normally i woudn't pick at this stage, but after last year's record setting haul and Jimbo's claim that it was all hard work and absolutely NOT NIL...what happened?
They have to lay low because one of their assistants is on camera talking about how much money the boosters will pay them if they come to Ag land. So they slowed down some.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Not sure what Jimbo is thinking, but having lived around their fans last year after they finally beat us, I can tell you I think the fans think "they've arrived." Are they so gullible to think that the recruiting class they bought last year is going to push them over the top? I think that's what the fans think.

Now, if they are paying attention surely they know top schools like Bama have to sign great classes year in and year out to stay on top. Surely they know that even a historic class of around 25 will, on average, produce 10-12 great players. Nah, they don't know that!

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Not sure what Jimbo is thinking, but having lived around their fans last year after they finally beat us, I can tell you I think the fans think "they've arrived." Are they so gullible to think that the recruiting class they bought last year is going to push them over the top? I think that's what the fans think.

Now, if they are paying attention surely they know top schools like Bama have to sign great classes year in and year out to stay on top. Surely they know that even a historic class of around 25 will, on average, produce 10-12 great players. Nah, they don't know that!
If you`ve never been to the top of the mountain, it`s difficult if not impossible to fully understand not only what it takes to get there but also to stay there. The latter is the truly difficult part. UGA may discover that this year.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
They probably want do what they did this past year but that $ did not dry up. They will be in the top 3 or 5 when it is all over with IMO.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Not suprised they are struggling to land recuits, especially Texas is doing well and winning in the state of Texas early on. I think Jimbo bit more than he can chew.. so, as much DL he signed last year.... If they drop 2 games or more, His class will suffer and I think he'll have exodus in December because He made so many promises
No question expectations are stratospheric. He needs to win BIG much sooner rather than later.

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
It's despicable! Attacking 17 year old kids and their famblies!

There are a large handful of 5*'s still on the board, others likely to flip, and plenty they already have "on contract" already. They'll be near the top, you can count on it. No need for concern.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Not suprised they are struggling to land recuits, especially Texas is doing well and winning in the state of Texas early on. I think Jimbo bit more than he can chew.. so, as much DL he signed last year.... If they drop 2 games or more, His class will suffer and I think he'll have exodus in December because He made so many promises
Texas joining the SEC is going to ultimately hurt A&M.

I felt sympathy for them before.. now? I say it couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of folks.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Saw where Malachi Nelson, USC QB commit, is visiting Texas AM this weekend. Guess they will try to throw out more money than Lincoln Riley. I think he is ranked #1 QB now instead of Manning. I hope he sticks with USC. If I were a player and those were my 2 options, I'd rather have Lincoln Riley for my QB development than Jimbo. It will be interesting to see what happens. I am glad Bama has a great QB room for the near future. RTR!

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Saw where Malachi Nelson, USC QB commit, is visiting Texas AM this weekend. Guess they will try to throw out more money than Lincoln Riley. I think he is ranked #1 QB now instead of Manning. I hope he sticks with USC. If I were a player and those were my 2 options, I'd rather have Lincoln Riley for my QB development than Jimbo. It will be interesting to see what happens. I am glad Bama has a great QB room for the near future. RTR!
couldn't happen to a nicer bunch lol Jimbo ruins Qbs so there's that too.

Reactions: TheRealPokeChop

forumripper1

BamaNation Citizen
Apr 12, 2022
I agree with you about Riley being a better QB developer ( QB Whisperer), however, it depends on the type of kid he is. Is he going to want to play at USC for a couple years, then get NIL deals based on his play on the field, or, is he the type of kid that wants the NIL money right out of high school before even playing 1 down of college football.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
A couple of things to consider. Kids are committing earlier this year to get it out of the way so they can focus on their senior season. Other teams now have caught up to A&M and the tactics they used last year, are now widely used by other teams.

And some kids when looking at the option of going to Miami or college station, will choose Miami if they can make money in both. They will choose Los Angeles over college station if they can make money in both. They will choose many towns over college station if they can make money in both.

A&M is using a now fairly old strategy in this new college football landscape. I think, that they think, that they can flip any recruit they want by promising money and playing time. I don’t think it will work like that this year. At this point I’ll be impressed if they crack the top 20

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Texas A&M 2021 Football ScholarshipDistribution (247sports.com)
Take a look at Certain positions, including RB, DL, CB and LB.

Jimbo didn't do great job of balancing his 2022 recuit class... They're thin in some spots and overloaded at some positions.

Now this year class... not suprised. I think they finish top 15... but if things goes wrong .. worst case.. 7 or 8 wins... you'll see significant transfers mostly from freshman and sophomore class.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.