Attendance at LSU game

BamaDaddy

3rd Team
Dec 6, 2002
Pawleys Island, SC
Has anyone seen the official attendance for Saturday's game? I have seen something about 103,000+ but I have never known Bama to have over the official stadium capacity of 101,821. I know some schools over sell (like Florida, Michigan, and others), but have heard that it is illegal in Alabama because of fire codes, etc. to do that. Anyone know?

GREAT GAME TIDE!!!

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org
UF is constantly putting out numbers in excess of 90,000, even though their Max is 88,548..
I know FL has fire code restrictions, so one could only presume the Gainesville Fire Marshall is looking the other way!
Heck I remember UT in years past having around 108,000 - 109,000 and their legal number is like 102,455.
I presume they don't have any fire codes there...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Schools count differently. We count paid rears in seats. UT, in order to stay ahead, after our last expansion, started counting everyone in the stadium - concessionaires, security, teams, staff, etc. They don't have as many seats as we...

CrimsonHammer

Scout Team
May 27, 2014
Clarksville, TN
Schools count differently. We count paid rears in seats. UT, in order to stay ahead, after our last expansion, started counting everyone in the stadium - concessionaires, security, teams, staff, etc. They don't have as many seats as we...
They also sell whole posterior tickets by the single cheek amount of bench space.

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
I always thought we ought to go to a square footage ticket exchange with Tennessee. say 25,000 sq ft = 10,000 tickets for the Vols at Bryant Denny and 50,000 tickets for Tide fans at Neyland Stadium

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
My friend panned the entire stadium with his digital camcorder and we found one empty seat early on with tons of folks on the carousels.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
My friend panned the entire stadium with his digital camcorder and we found one empty seat early on with tons of folks on the carousels.
I have done that a few times. The only seats I usually find empty on games like this are in the luxury boxes. The mega image someone posted bears this out. The place was packed.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I have done that a few times. The only seats I usually find empty on games like this are in the luxury boxes. The mega image someone posted bears this out. The place was packed.
that image was cool. i found my uncle, my cousin and his son. my uncle was coming back from the head (at least that's my guess)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.