JessN: Auburn preview: A mismatch on paper, but an atypical matchup

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Auburn preview: A mismatch on paper, but an atypical matchup
Jess Nicholas, TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief

Covid-19 waited in the wings to make its biggest sports-related impact in the state of Alabama until the moment when the spotlight was the brightest, throwing back its cloak, twitching its mustache and stealing the spotlight of Alabama-Auburn week by kidnapping Nick Saban and rushing from the stage, cackling as it departed.

Given all of what has transpired during this season, was anyone surprised?

Continue reading

Professor

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2017
Why, oh why does this game always make me nervous?
No doubt we should win, but with Saban not in the stadium I am more nervous than ever.
Just think, if this were Florida we would postpone/cancel the game.
I am all right with Jess' prediction, but we can't score enough to make me feel comfortable until the final whistle.
If we win this one by 30 or more, the national championship is ours.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
I just don’t see how the barn has enough miracle plays and magic happen in Tuscaloosa to pull off what would be the biggest upset in the history of the series. They have a less than 10% chance of winning. If UT’s little RB could gash them up the middle all night long, just imagine what Najee and company are going to do

Reactions: Con

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
The only thing I had to question was that the WR matchup could go either way. I just see 6 as truly top 5 pick elite. AU does have some talent but even without Waddle I think Bama had a significant advantage. The bigger advantage this year was Mac confidence!

Reactions: Jkl0802

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany
The only thing I had to question was that the WR matchup could go either way. I just see 6 as truly top 5 pick elite. AU does have some talent but even without Waddle I think Bama had a significant advantage. The bigger advantage this year was Mac confidence!
You were absolutely right on this assessment Bamacon!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.