Link: Auburn sings rammer jammer during game against Arkansas

TiderB

All-American
Dec 18, 2002
Birmingham, AL
Do ya really think it's an Alabama thing?:rolleyes: That song or some variation of it is done by just about every sporting team out there. It's derived from Gary Glitter's "Rock N Roll".
Perhaps you missed the end of the video where they referenced Alabama. At the arky game.

rhYno

Suspended
Nov 23, 2007
Orlando, Florida
www.myspace.com
The obsession with all things Bama is just really, really odd.

They were playing Arkansas, for goodness sake, yet Bama is still in their heads.

Just bizarre.

Nothing new... Did you read my post about their Athletic Department a few months ago? If not, to sum it up, I got the chance to tour it and it's 50% Aubarn, 50% anti-Alabama.

Also, did you hear their players yapping their jaws about us during the offseason? Did you see the idiot holding a sign at the barn/WVU game last year that read "'Bama don't want none"? Rolling Toomer's Corner every time we lose? David Housel's speech? And yadda yadda yadda... Like I said, this is nothing unusual.

I hate fat phil

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2006
Tuscaloosa
What a dog gone minute this video has to be altered somehow the aubs would never do anything like this. After all that cheer is so classless at least thats what I have been hearing for years from those API fans.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
I'm an alumnus of the MDB and that isnt rammer jammer. That is, as already pointed out, "Rock and Roll part 2" or "the hey song". Rammer jammer sounds similar but they are actually different songs.

Rammer Jammer is based on the Ole Miss hotty toddy cheer. which is why RJ is also known as the ole miss cheer and why the symbol drum majors use to call it up is a big O.

the differences are subtle but they are there. similar to vanilla ice's defense of why ice ice baby was not a sample of under pressure, but in this instance the differences are real.

play the two back to back and you'll hear it. they will likely play the hey song if they win and thier fans will likely sing the changed rj lyrics.

It should also be noted that the KC chiefs have a similar cheer using either the hey song or RJ tune but I cant remember which one.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.