Auto lovers - what's your ride? (post pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatsamatta U

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Athens, AL
Traded the 2019 Pilot in on it. Slightly stiffer ride than the Pilot. This one seems to have a little more leg room than the 2019 Ridgeline (drove one the day I shopped while having the Pilot serviced). The three hour ride back from Reno was very comfortable.
Rented a ‘22 a couple of weeks ago while working up in Omaha. I couldn’t get use to the push button shifting.

Reactions: NationalTitles18

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Rented a ‘22 a couple of weeks ago while working up in Omaha. I couldn’t get use to the push button shifting.
Yeah, it's going to take me a while to get used to it also, but the 9 speed tranny is smooth as butter. The radio/entertainment screen could use a reworking - it seems a step back from the Pilot and less intuitive. I do think I'm going to like flipping the back seats up when I take the dogs to the vet.

Reactions: whatsamatta U

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Watching the news last night.

Don't know about ya'll, but when someone is being filmed in front of their bookcase, I'm usually more interested in what's on the bookshelf than what they have to say. :D

As an example, last week I saw a paperback of "Dune" on one of them (can't remember who it was). It was at the far right of the shelf, but I thought it pretty cool.

So getting back to last night - check out the 356 Cabriolet model! You don't see that everyday. Top marks for this bloke!!! ;)

IMG_4988.JPG

IMG_4983.JPG

IMG_4984.JPG

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Finally ---

Porsche's new 963 LMDh Le Mans car makes debut at Goodwood | Festival of Speed:

Details here:
https://motorsports.porsche.com/international/en/category/cars/lmdh-prototype-963

Team Porsche Penske Motorsport is sending the new Porsche 963 LMDh prototype into battle for total victories: Two 963 hybrid prototypes each will compete in the FIA World Endurance Championship WEC and the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship from 2023.

Porsche963_Front_LDN_1920x1080.jpg

Reactions: Toddrn and UAH

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Finally ---

Porsche's new 963 LMDh Le Mans car makes debut at Goodwood | Festival of Speed:

Details here:
https://motorsports.porsche.com/international/en/category/cars/lmdh-prototype-963

Team Porsche Penske Motorsport is sending the new Porsche 963 LMDh prototype into battle for total victories: Two 963 hybrid prototypes each will compete in the FIA World Endurance Championship WEC and the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship from 2023.

View attachment 26037
Watched the beginning of the Goodwood Festival live on YouTube this morning. The Porches dominated IMSA racing and Le Mans for a number of years. Saw a number of them race at Road America in the 80's. I believe it can be said that these unlimited prototypes are the fastest vehicles in racing due to the downforce that can be achieved with the full body design. They also tend to fly very well in a spin.

Reactions: Bazza

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
First car I owned. 72 Vega GT. And yep, I drove it too hard and warped the aluminum block. Chevy dealer put sleeves in the cylinder walls to fix the issues but I got rid of it and went to a Honda 450 DOHC as my ride.
My 2nd car was that Vega GT -- and it was a big mistake. Fortunately I sold it in 1974 and walked away...it was fun to drive, however.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
I had the Vega GT, one friend got the Pinto MPG and another got the Maverick. Three of the best cars ever made!!!
A friend had a couple of Capris. The first one was basically a Pinto with a different body. The second one he had was a few years later and it had the V-6. It had a little pep.

the Vega looked nice. If they had just used aluminum on the heads and iron block it would have fared better. Maybe a bigger bore to offset the weight of the block.

Reactions: whatsamatta U
Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.