HBO Axios Interviews Trump

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
When Shelby first won office as a Democrat, he had a modest net worth. He flipped parties, and lo and behold, he's now a multi-millionaire. Shelby stayed popular because of the financial "perks" he got for the state, but somehow he got rich doing it.
Shelby didn't get rich because he switched parties, nor did he switch parties to get rich. He switched parties to protect his seat because he knew how "red" Alabama was becoming. There are plenty of "well off" democrats in congress.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Shelby didn't get rich because he switched parties, nor did he switch parties to get rich. He switched parties to protect his seat because he knew how "red" Alabama was becoming. There are plenty of "well off" democrats in congress.
This is correct. He also delayed his switch in order to protect some of his staff members, which I respected...

• Haha
Reactions: Chukker Veteran

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Did I say no Dems exploit being in the Senate for personal gain? I don't think so.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Keeping up with current events is almost like being addicted to bad news that makes you mad. I'm so starved for good news I just keep watching.
I would recommend things like UpliftingNews & HumansBeingBros on reddit if you happen to use it. It’s nice to see some of the good stories amid all the crazy.

Reactions: MobtownK

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I'm glad to see someone in the media has finally grown a pair and challenged trump in real time on his lies and stupidity. Unfortunately the trumpies will either ignore it or just write it off again as the media being unfair to him, boo hoo.

Reactions: MobtownK

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.