B1G10/11/191323 sees teams beginning to play, decides to come out of the basement starting in October.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
i think that last game can be cancelled if you lose a game due to positive tests.Check this out. Saying this decision is worse than molesting children, she has lost her mind. keep in mind she's on the northwestern board of directors. https://www.elevenwarriors.com/foru...amen-holy-shnikees-shes-big-mad-at-the-big-10
and that is quite possibly the worst take on sports in her long, sanctimonious, 'what is she even talking about?' "sports" columnist career.

Given the current climate, shouldn't she be/get canceled now?

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Five reasons Big10 changed it's mind.
1 thru 4: Money
5: medical stuff

It’s remarkable that the Big Ten reversal comes just in time for the league to still participate in the full college football season. It’s widely believed around the league that the Big Ten will still be able to play both its lucrative conference title game and still be considered for the College Football Playoff.

This proved a huge motivator for those who helped will this reversal, as the elite teams — Ohio State, Penn State and Michigan — used this carrot as a way to keep many of the top players like OSU’s Justin Fields, Penn State’s Pat Freiermuth and Michigan’s Kwity Paye from declaring for the NFL draft. If the Big Ten had played in the spring, as it originally planned, it’s unlikely that those stars and many others would have played this season.

The preservation is also a financial boon for the Big Ten, which has programs looking at tens of millions in losses this season. (Ticket revenue is worth nearly $60 million at a school like Ohio State.) The Big Ten reportedly received $66 million in payouts from the College Football Playoff last year, which equates to more than $4.5 million per schools.

• Haha
Reactions: mrusso and The Ols

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
It's worse than that. She mentions the four major sex scandals in the big 10 and still says this is worse than molesting small children. I'm speechless.
It’s when I see columns/comments like this that I’m glad I’ve never heard of some of these people.
Any of you ever raised or been around bantam chickens? They are smaller chickens, but the rooster struts his self-importance for all he’s worth from dawn to dusk. Never takes a daylight moment off. It’s hilarious and instructive to watch. I see this behavior more and more with people who try to opine on football. Gotta try to make a living I guess, but her’s is one more byline I’ll skip over.

Reactions: Rush and Guido

Titans&Tide

1st Team
Jul 22, 2000
Tuscaloosa, AL USA
www.kornegay.us

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I literally El-Oh-El'd.

View attachment 10729

Christine Brennan lost all credibility on any issue when she let her "all men are rapists" life philosophy allow her to drag the Duke lacrosse team through the mud based on assumption and ignorance. Let's be blunt: a GUY who did the reverse ("the reason I know they were innocent is because EVIDENCE and common sense"), he'd still not be writing anywhere - and people like Brennan would have been the cause.

There's a reason Brennan - who in her younger days was a decently attractive woman - has never married. It's called the Bat Spit Crazy theory.

She's also one of those Big 10 fans who graduated from Northwestern but latched onto the "conference" because it was a way of feeling superior to all those rednecks down south. My God, her venom for Southerners comes through loud and clear in that very article.

Just remember lady:
1) Delta is ready when you are
2) NOBODY leaves down south to retire up north - and it ain't just because of the weather.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I'm thinking BYU only playing eight weeks in a row is why they were able to go unbeaten in 1984.
Christine Brennan lost all credibility on any issue when she let her "all men are rapists" life philosophy allow her to drag the Duke lacrosse team through the mud based on assumption and ignorance. Let's be blunt: a GUY who did the reverse ("the reason I know they were innocent is because EVIDENCE and common sense"), he'd still not be writing anywhere - and people like Brennan would have been the cause.

There's a reason Brennan - who in her younger days was a decently attractive woman - has never married. It's called the Bat Spit Crazy theory.

She's also one of those Big 10 fans who graduated from Northwestern but latched onto the "conference" because it was a way of feeling superior to all those rednecks down south. My God, her venom for Southerners comes through loud and clear in that very article.

Just remember lady:
1) Delta is ready when you are
2) NOBODY leaves down south to retire up north - and it ain't just because of the weather.
3) A Southern Man don't need her around anyhow... ;) :ROFLMAO:

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
Plus it will end up being 9 straight weeks. I don't care what conference you are in, 9 straight weeks is pretty rough.
Not denying that. However, I believe 11 games in 13 weeks in the sec would be rougher. Thats what...approx 140 plays for both the offense and defense. 140 more collisions for O and D linemen. That many more hits for ball handlers...that many more plays for starters to get injured. I'm just comparing it for playoff/championship game reasons. I don't see how allowing a conf that plays 2 games less into the playoffs is "fair".

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.