B1G10/11/191323 sees teams beginning to play, decides to come out of the basement starting in October.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Pathetic.

My guess is the discussion of the COP/C discussion went like this:

"Hey those southern schools are getting all the limelight because we're not playing. We need to find some way of getting back in the game!"

"Yeah, plus my alumni are calling me at all hours of the day and night telling me about how their kids are playing on their HS teams and we're cowering in the corner!"

"No doubt. That, plus the $100MM we're each going to be in the hole this year if we don't play."

"And, given we're the ONLY team in the B1G10/11/103203 worthy of consideration for the playoffs, We Want to Play" (says OSU)

"All in favor of making up some medical reason it's now ok to play when it was't 30 days ago?" 10/11/12/ 14 aye's

"All opposed" 0 nays

"The aye's have it and it's passed unanimously"

"Uh, Kevin, we're going to need you to put together a plausible medical statement so that we can do a U-turn on your statement from August plus get all those intellectual editorial writers wearing masks in their own houses and writing from a corner of their basement about how great you are because you stopped the season to do a U-turn as well and somehow support you in your new U-turn Mmmkay? Thanks."

Last edited:

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
It certainly won't happen but the PTB @ the CFP should come out and say something like "only those conferences that committed before September 14 to playing this season are eligible for the playoffs." Just for giggles. Leadership abhors a vacuum.

Reactions: dvldog

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It certainly won't happen but the PTB @ the CFP should come out and say something like "only those conferences that committed before September 14 to playing this season are eligible for the playoffs." Just for giggles. Leadership abhors a vacuum.
FWIW, the B1G is going to play the CG the same weekend of the other conferences because the CFP said that they were not going to change their vote dates or CFP game dates.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I am glad the Big10 athletes are getting to play. I know the CFP committee will have some tough decisions to make. SEC is definitely the toughest schedule. I was hoping 2 SEC teams would get in but that is less likely now.

21 days to isolate is going to be an issue for these teams though. Doesn't SEC and ACC require 14 days? It will be interesting how many games are actually played if there are Covid issues. Big10 has no wiggle room.

Reactions: B1GTide

BAMA 22 HEISMAN

1st Team
Dec 13, 2009
I did hear on ESPN about 5 minutes ago, they are hearing the Pac 12 is likely next so we will see. I had a question about returning to football in late October. Obviously they are not going to be playing hte same amount of games of the other conferences so would their players be fresher once it comes playoff time?

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Great I now can laugh at Frosty the Showman going 3-5 or 2-8 again and wish they were still in the Big XII or in COVID prevention mode.
Now, now...one mustn't forget that they were the Branch COVIDians in the B1G's resurrection from the CFB dead and zombified spring season, and that's gotta be worth two additional possibly forfeited or conference-appointed wins to get them to just shy of .500

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.