Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Wrong place, wrong time.
When you press in on the muzzle of the M1911 .45 cal. pistol, the trigger no longer works.
When I was in the 101st Airborne, a funeral detail in those days carried a loaded (but not chambered) .45, so no knuckleheads could rob the funeral detail of their M-16s (which only carried blanks for funerals).
The NCOIC of the funeral detail gave the loaded .45 to the Charge of Quarters (desk monitor) and said, "Call the armorer to the arms room. We're going to get some chow. We'll turn in the weapons when we get back from chow."
The young sergeant wanted to demonstrate the "push the muzzle" thing to his young charge, pushed the muzzle of the .45 into his palm, pulled the trigger, and promptly shot a .45 round through his palm, thus creating what in the medical field is called "an ow-y."
The only silver lining to the story is that the sergeant got immediate negative reinforcement and the private got an experience he would not soon forget.
The good news is that the round did not hit any bones, only soft tissue. I bet that hurt. A lot.

Last edited:

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Police chief punched at Alabama high school football game after player claims coach used racial slur (msn.com)

The suspect, Clifton said, is the husband of a Cherokee County sheriff’s employee. Cherokee County deputies responded but did not arrest the man, Clifton said.
Clifton said he’s not been able to obtain warrants through Cherokee County and said the sheriff’s office has called in SBI to handle the investigation.
Cherokee County Sheriff Jeff Shaver said he could not comment at this point.

“I don’t even have the words to describe how a brother or sister law enforcement agency could just leave you out in the wind like that,” he said.

Latest threads

Amazon Prime / TideFans.shop

Your purchase through our Amazon affiliation and TideFans.shop links helps support the site! Thanks!