Game Thread: Bama (1-3) softball Tallahassee Invitational (UA,FSU,and UNC)

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Well, we certainly choked that one away. 5 run lead in the bottom of the 7th and lose. Let's see, walk the lead off, don't take the easy out at first, walk the third batter, infield single/error, (don't know which), grand slam. Our ladies must be playing with brand new gloves, because I saw at least three balls that should have been outs, pop right out. Oil up the gloves ladies. We should have coasted in on this one. Need to beat FSU tomorrow for sure.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I thought so too. Just let Fouts finish it.
I think Goodman is good and all the blame nor half the blame is on her given the fact we have error problems. But I still don’t see a reason that you take out a pitcher that has given up only two hits all game against the home team. The move vs UNC made sense because it was a gifted freshman to an elite upper clansman but this seemed like Murph wanting to prove he had 4 pitchers. And it was the same thing that he did in okc last year.

I think the errors will be fixed but if Murph continues to play this way next week then we are going to be in serious trouble in St Pete and the following tournaments where the real monsters are.

FTR I’m not saying Fouts would’ve gone untouched had she stayed in but odds are that she would’ve taken outs with her and winning was still the probable outcome

Anyways I hope this is just first weekend mistakes and tomorrow we go 2-0 into St Pete.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
I think Goodman is good and all the blame nor half the blame is on her given the fact we have error problems. But I still don’t see a reason that you take out a pitcher that has given up only two hits all game against the home team. The move vs UNC made sense because it was a gifted freshman to an elite upper clansman but this seemed like Murph wanting to prove he had 4 pitchers. And it was the same thing that he did in okc last year.

I think the errors will be fixed but if Murph continues to play this way next week then we are going to be in serious trouble in St Pete and the following tournaments where the real monsters are.

FTR I’m not saying Fouts would’ve gone untouched had she stayed in but odds are that she would’ve taken outs with her and winning was still the probable outcome

Anyways I hope this is just first weekend mistakes and tomorrow we go 2-0 into St Pete.
I like Goodman but think she's much better as a starter. Last year, when she started, we got a lot of good innings out of her. But when she comes in to relieve someone like Fouts, her style of pitching just seems much more hitable to the other team. But if we just hold to a couple of balls in that 7th inning, we don't end up with the L.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.