Bama Adds Punter Thru Transfer Portal

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Scholarship? Would it be possible to take a guy off the portal who was on s scholly and let him transfer to you as a walkon? This portal thing is gonna get messy.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Great news. This is the only position on our roster that was/is a weakness and not a strength. Hopefully that changes this year.
I say If anyone else transfers out we should take a offensive lineman for depth reasons and Call it a day cause this team is stacked!!!!

Last edited:

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
He only punted 25 times last year so his position ranking maybe a little skewed. (I am saying that as a positive thing by the way)
Make no mistake about it. This is great pickup
There was no minimum number of punts for the NCAA stat list. The #3 punter had but 19 punts so I have no idea why Martin is not on the list. He should be at #6.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Not implying he won't be the answer to our punting woes, but I have seen too many top, can't miss kickers and punters sign with Alabama only to become "what ever happened to players doomed to obscurity". Think I will wait and see if he performs as so many on here expect.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Not implying he won't be the answer to our punting woes, but I have seen too many top, can't miss kickers and punters sign with Alabama only to become "what ever happened to players doomed to obscurity". Think I will wait and see if he performs as so many on here expect.
well unless suddenly being at bama makes him a worse kicker cause he just got done doing really well at another college football team. I am gonna stay optimistic about this.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Coach Bryant learned the hard way with Ken Hall at aTm that some of them you have to pat on the back. I would think that would be true especially with kickers. Saban screams and yells and kicks them all in the butt.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.