Bama Game Thread: Bama at LSU (1/19/21 @ 8 PM CST on ESPN2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I've had plenty of posts in recent years about the state of our poor individual and team shooting but this team has shut me up.

Granted I was saying this some last year too, but this team has some of those same players as the last few years.

The difference??? CNO empowers them to shoot the ball and has given them to confidence to do so without worrying about missing. It's a shooter's dream to have a coach that will chastise you for NOT shooting.

If I'm a great shooting recruit I put Alabama as one of my destination schools right now. As CNO continues to recruit his kind of players this is going to get even more fun!

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
The difference??? CNO empowers them to shoot the ball and has given them to confidence to do so without worrying about missing. It's a shooter's dream to have a coach that will chastise you for NOT shooting.
That's the same reason we love Bruce. He encourages his boys to let loose. If you're open, have a heat-check. That mentality got us to the final four.

It's nice to have two coaches in the state the understand the modern game.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Will the SEC regular season champion be awarded thru regular season competition or will there be a tourney this year?

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
That's the same reason we love Bruce. He encourages his boys to let loose. If you're open, have a heat-check. That mentality got us to the final four.

It's nice to have two coaches in the state the understand the modern game.
On a side note, I believe Pearl is a way better coach than Calipari is IMO. Unless he can continue to get NBA-ready talent that has a high basketball IQ, we're likely to see that program regress over the next few years. I still hold true that Coach Cal saw last year the possibilities of what CNO could build here at Bama. He made mention of it at one of his press conferences if I remember correctly.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
On a side note, I believe Pearl is a way better coach than Calipari is IMO. Unless he can continue to get NBA-ready talent that has a high basketball IQ, we're likely to see that program regress over the next few years. I still hold true that Coach Cal saw last year the possibilities of what CNO could build here at Bama. He made mention of it at one of his press conferences if I remember correctly.
There are a lot of coaches that are better than Cal. He's an average Xs & Os guy, evaluator and developer of talent, and that's being generous. He generally wins because he can wing a team of pro-ready McDonald's AAs at you and little else.

For guys like Pearl (and now Oats), building from the bottom up is their strength. Sure there will be bumpy years, like this one for us, but there's little reason to worry because the talent is there and only needs a little seasoning. It's why we don't worry about this year. This is a development year and everyone with a brain knows it. Seriously, we're going to be stinking good next year, maybe even a NC threat if Cooper opts to return.

Now that the G-league can poach the top talent I don't know how much longer the Cals of the world stay relevant.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
LOL, speaking of Coach Cal, Georgia knocks off Kentucky for the first time in 14 games against one another. Georgia trailed 62-56 with a couple minutes left and win at the buzzer, 63-62.

The UK spiral down the toilet continues.
you just hate to see it.
UGA is not good. That is a bad loss. Jeez.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Do you think the recent improvements we have seen in games is the result of using the Noah Basketball system? Since the SEC season has started our defense has really stepped up and our shot selection has improved but it also seems like we are more confident with our 3 point shooting. Perhaps the NBS is starting to pay dividends. BTW, for anyone that does not know Noah Basketball is in Athens, AL.

Reactions: seebell
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.