Bama beat #1.........are we in?

atlredal

Suspended
Nov 4, 2023
Question is M legit. They are solid but they have played one of the easiest schedules in the country for any top 15 team. Iowa's offense is pathetic and gave them no chance in that game. M gained only 215 yards or 3.3 a play. Iowa's D is pretty solid due to their DC Parker but M is very overrated. Its also interesting that their performance has notably dropped since Connor Stallions is no longer on the sideline whispering the opposing teams signals into the ear of the coaches. The cheating they engaged is absolutely clear cut and BAD. Any other program would have had the hammer dropped on them by now. They are smarmy, arrogant team with a cringy coach and fanbase. Their alums are not quite as bad but the fanbase, ugh. Their online boards today are filled with faux outrage for FSU being left out which means they are pizzed to play Bama. Their gameplan revolves around overpowering crappy BT teams on the LOS and rolling out McCarthy to look for the TE or single WR on the same side. I think given Saban and Steele have the time to prep Bama should win by two scores, maybe more depending on game injuries etc..

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Question is M legit. They are solid but they have played one of the easiest schedules in the country for any top 15 team. Iowa's offense is pathetic and gave them no chance in that game. M gained only 215 yards or 3.3 a play. Iowa's D is pretty solid due to their DC Parker but M is very overrated. Its also interesting that their performance has notably dropped since Connor Stallions is no longer on the sideline whispering the opposing teams signals into the ear of the coaches. The cheating they engaged is absolutely clear cut and BAD. Any other program would have had the hammer dropped on them by now. They are smarmy, arrogant team with a cringy coach and fanbase. Their alums are not quite as bad but the fanbase, ugh. Their online boards today are filled with faux outrage for FSU being left out which means they are pizzed to play Bama. Their gameplan revolves around overpowering crappy BT teams on the LOS and rolling out McCarthy to look for the TE or single WR on the same side. I think given Saban and Steele have the time to prep Bama should win by two scores, maybe more depending on game injuries etc..
Looking forward to getting all our guys healthy. RB depth didn't miss a beat without McClellan, and Lawson looked much better last night, but I was worried when Kool-Aid and Dallas were laying on the turf on the same play.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
They do not have the athleticism that Alabama has.

Outside of Ohio State, the Big Ten is mediocre to awful. They faced no legit challenge except against the Buckeyes. Ohio State probably wins that game on a neutral field.

Initial thoughts are we win by two scores or more if Milroe’s decision making returns to what it was against LSU, Tennessee, and Kentucky.

I think Texas destroys Washington.

Texas vs. Alabama for all the marbles in Houston. We will have to win another championship in a favorite’s back yard.

Reactions: tusks_n_raider

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Yes, they are legit. But, like Georgia, Alabama is built to beat their style team. Plus Saban gets 4 weeks to prepare for this game (and change up your offensive signals).

atlredal

Suspended
Nov 4, 2023
Yes, they are legit. But, like Georgia, Alabama is built to beat their style team. Plus Saban gets 4 weeks to prepare for this game (and change up your offensive signals).
The change in speed in athleticism from playing Iowa to Bama cannot be replicated in their practices. M truly believes they are the best team in football. They live in a bubble in Ann Arbor with a very compliant media in Detroit. I expect Saban and Steele will be ready by game time. Steele made solid adjustments after UGA's first drive. M has not seen a QB with the athleticism of Milroe and this young team has been getting better each week. There was a lot scat on their forums about the Auburn game but they fail to understand the intensity of that that game and IMO opinion Bama took Auburn a little lightly after their embarrassment the week before. Their D is used to putting pressure on QB's but the Bama OL has been incredible in protection the latter half of the season. Their secondary does a lot of grab and clutch. I don't mind physical secondary play, Bama does it well but Bama has more than one guy to be concerned with and I can see Rees dialing up quite a bit for the TE's and backs out of the backfield. If we run the ball well this will be a two score game.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Guys, you have the attention of the mod group, and we’re working on it.

Meanwhile, I don’t care who said what about whose mama first or in what tone.

The sparring stops NOW.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.