Bama beat #1.........are we in?

braggtd

Suspended
Sep 25, 2011
This has last year written all over it. The committee has never waived on their top requirement which is wins losses. We will be sad tomorrow. Should be:

Um
UW
UT
Bama

Will be
UM
UW
FSU
UT

I hope Im wrong but those clowns let TCU in last year.

braggtd

Suspended
Sep 25, 2011
That would be horrible and indefensible.

Texas and Bama should both be in over FSU
The 4 best teams are simple:
1. Michigan
2. Texas
3. Alabama
4. Georgia

These are the real 4. Politics will blow these rankings away.
Agree but zero chance 2 undefeated get left out. I think we are screwed as I have thought the past several weeks. They have continuously sent us a message leaving us at 8. That UT loss has c blocked us all year and will do it one last time. We needed someone to drop the ball all year and they all continued to win. I truly hope I am wrong but this committee is 100% about wins and losses for power 5 teams.

Last edited:

braggtd

Suspended
Sep 25, 2011
It’s 2:00 am and I’m on pins and needles thinking about what is the committee going to do!
I had the same feeling last year. I'll be shocked if we get in. The committee doesn't care about the best teams. They've proven that year after year. Wins and losses and feel good stories are their MO.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I know the CFP compares teams in groups of three. What if Bama is 3? Or Higher?

I think there is the assumption that Oregon, Ohio State, Texas and Bama were clustered together and were basically even.

Then games got played. Oregon lost. Ohio State didn’t play. Texas beat a mediocre team in the teens. Bama beat the #1 team.

To me, who has a better resume at this point?

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
One more thing. If primary factor is W/L, then shouldn’t Washington be ahead of Michigan? Washington has 4 wins vs ranked teams. Michigan has 3. Washington’s two best wins are better than Michigans. So why are they not #1? If it’s only about wins/losses.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Four best are mich Bama UGA and Washington or osu.
I want the committee to look me in the eye with a straight face and tell me Bama isn’t one of the four best teams. I want them to tell me going undefeated in the SEC with 4 ranked wins, 3 in the top 13 including beating #1, while playing the most difficult schedule in the nation isn’t good enough. Any team with Bama’s resume should have a legit shot at the #1 seed. I don’t care what the other teams have done. It’s all a sham.
Well, IMO, it`s patently absurd on its face that Alabama, and UGA for that matter, are not among the four best teams in college football this year.

Reactions: AWRTR

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
This has last year written all over it. The committee has never waived on their top requirement which is wins losses. We will be sad tomorrow. Should be:

Um
UW
UT
Bama

Will be
UM
UW
FSU
UT

I hope Im wrong but those clowns let TCU in last year.
Hate to say it, but that`s the easy button for the committee.

Reactions: braggtd

braggtd

Suspended
Sep 25, 2011
I can't help but wonder how much that Auburn game hurts us... A miracle last second win has to be a talking point in that committee room for any Bama naysayers. I'd feel a lot better if we had hammered them.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I can't help but wonder how much that Auburn game hurts us... A miracle last second win has to be a talking point in that committee room for any Bama naysayers. I'd feel a lot better if we had hammered them.
Nah that game is irrelevant and basically forgotten about already.

The talking point has become "Bama just beat the #1 Ranked 2-Time Defending Champs"

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
That would be horrible and indefensible.

Texas and Bama should both be in over FSU
The committee backed themselves into a corner though. If they do put a team (FSU or Georgia) between Texas and Alabama they get out of arguably their biggest problem. That of keeping arguably the best team in college football out of the playoff because they underestimated them.

View attachment 38813
No mention of wins/losses. #5 is their “out”
That is the other out and it's a strong one. They can consider injuries, so they can just go hey FSU isn't a top 4 team without their QB.

Reactions: B1GTide

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads