BAMA Finally Gets That Timely Hit

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
After being tied at 1 going to the bottom of the 6th inning, BAMA finally got that timely hit. Abby Doerr laced a single to the wall in left center to score 2. Montana Fouts then shut the door in the 7th. She pitched around Mizzou's big home run hitter and walked her, but then struck out the next 3 in a row, two of them looking. BAMA takes game 2 by a score of 3-1.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Gutted out a hard-fought win. Proud of the ladies.

Weird game with a lot of puzzling interaction with the umps, and several strangely-hit balls by Mizzou falling for hits. Still, allowed only one run.

Hitting is still a problem, and nothing today indicated any real improvement there.

Still, pitching is good enough that 3 or 4 runs will win most games. Just don’t have any room for a fielding error or a pitcher who isn’t 100% on.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Gutted out a hard-fought win. Proud of the ladies.

Weird game with a lot of puzzling interaction with the umps, and several strangely-hit balls by Mizzou falling for hits. Still, allowed only one run.

Hitting is still a problem, and nothing today indicated any real improvement there.

Still, pitching is good enough that 3 or 4 runs will win most games. Just don’t have any room for a fielding error or a pitcher who isn’t 100% on.
I wonder what's going on. Our bats were pretty hot to begin the season. (Could be the level of competition is much higher now, I dunno.)🤔

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I wonder what's going on. Our bats were pretty hot to begin the season. (Could be the level of competition is much higher now, I dunno.)🤔
Competition is part of it, but this was a problem last year as well. Without Bailey Hemphill, we wouldn’t have gone nearly as far as we did.

Why we can’t hit when the rest of the softball world seems to be able to is a question I can’t answer.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.