Bama now #1 seed in Bracketology...a first!

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
This DID NOT age well.
If osu loses and we hold on to win the regular season title, there's a good shot we still end up as a #1 by seasons end. We gotta focus on what we can control. Main goals right now is to win the sec regular season title and have a good showing in the ncaa tournament. Would love to win the sec tourney but a sound showing in the ncaa tournament will carry more weight nationally for the program.

Bpilktree

1st Team
Jan 7, 2019
Right now they have us as the 8 spot in tourney which means we get Gonzaga or Baylor in the elite eight if bracket holds serve. I think getting anywhere in the 3 -6 range is what you push for a one or seed not matter much just try to avoid those two as long as you can.

Reactions: BamaMike05

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Right now they have us as the 8 spot in tourney which means we get Gonzaga or Baylor in the elite eight if bracket holds serve. I think getting anywhere in the 3 -6 range is what you push for a one or seed not matter much just try to avoid those two as long as you can.
Yep, currently has us in the same bracket with the Zags ... we either need to drop or hope we replace OSU as a number one seed. OSU is currently in region 4, which would be more of a doable run for us.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I’ve learned that in college basketball — very little is absolute

I would wager that the champ won’t be Baylor or Gonzaga. Not because they aren’t good. But with a hot 3 pt shooting team, no one is safe.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Right now, all our inside guys are banged up (we weren’t exactly overwhelming there in the first place), and we‘re tired. Need a rest, but it’ll have to come with byes in the SECT.

Really hope Bruner can come back, but I’m beginning to doubt it.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Right now, all our inside guys are banged up (we weren’t exactly overwhelming there in the first place), and we‘re tired. Need a rest, but it’ll have to come with byes in the SECT.

Really hope Bruner can come back, but I’m beginning to doubt it.
There is actually a week off before the SECT. They place a week off to get any COVID make up games that week.

Why are you doubting that Bruner comes back? He mad meniscus surgery. He is going to be out 2 more weeks, even CNO said as much. The negativity on this board is mind blowing lately. Especially for a team that is 16-5, 11-1 in the SEC, and looking at a 2 seed in the NCAAT.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.