BREAKING Bama OC Bill "BoB" O'Brien to the Patriots

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
It starts at the top and ends at the top, with Saban. The man is human and is just as susceptible to letting his guard down as the rest of us. Which is why I am SO THANKFUL David Pollack decided to superman kick Nick Saban and the Alabama program square in the junk on national tv, with Saban having to sit three foot from him while he did it. I think the entire program including Nick Saban needed a wake up call. If that didn't do it then we know it is time to go to the lake and watch the ducks crap on the ground.
Time will possibly tell, but I think CNS had already been "stung" by the reality it was time for change long before DP insulted him on TV. DP was just like a mosquito you brush off. The way the season unfolded was the real sting!

Reactions: crimsonaudio

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
CNS kept Gol*ing around for FIVE YEARS...

We all have blind-spots. I'm just hoping CNS will do better this time.
Yeah heading into 2022, we had lost 5 games in 4 years, 3 of which were to national championship teams. And yeah i know a lot of that had to with sark/and or the incredible talent we had. But I think sometimes it's hard to make changes when you are still winning all the time, even if you are Nick Saban.

I know it seemed obvious to get rid of Golding. But I have to commend Saban for pulling the trigger. Showing someone the door that you were personally fond of and high hopes for has to be very difficult. I said this after the loss to Tennessee but i feel like it should be repeated. I don't think saban is above criticism even if he is the GOAT (which he is). But I also know I wouldn't want to have to make some of the difficult he decisions he has to make.

Last edited:

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
If aint broke dont fix it. Success is fleeting so don't tinker with it.
We can out talent most teams in the country regardless of gameplan and go 10-2 each season. Coaching is what separates you from 14-1 or 15-0. It broke this year and Saban is fixing it which he has always done. But he doesn't mess with winning during the season.

Grantham isn't the DC that wins you the 4-5 critical games in a championship run. After the skill talent depleted a bit BOB ain't the OC that wins you the critical games in a championship run either.

Yeah heading into 2022, we had lost 5 games in 4 years, 3 of which were to national championship teams. And yeah i know a lot of that had to with sark/and or the incredible talent we had. But I think sometimes it's hard to make changes when you are still winning all the time, even if you are Nick Saban.

I know it seemed obvious to get rid of Golding. But I have to commend Saban for pulling the trigger. Showing someone the door that you were personally fond of and high hopes for has to be very difficult. I said this after the loss to Tennessee but i feel like it should be repeated. I don't think saban is above criticism even if he is the GOAT (which he is). But I also know I wouldn't want to have to make some of the difficult he decisions he has to make.

Reactions: FaninLA

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
If aint broke dont fix it. Success is fleeting so don't tinker with it.
We can out talent most teams in the country regardless of gameplan and go 10-2 each season. Coaching is what separates you from 14-1 or 15-0. It broke this year and Saban is fixing it which he has always done. But he doesn't mess with winning during the season.

Grantham isn't the DC that wins you the 4-5 critical games in a championship run. After the skill talent depleted a bit BOB ain't the OC that wins you the critical games in a championship run either.
This is what most people do not understand when they say "Alabama fans complaining about 11-2 seasons! GEEZE!!!" Most of your upper-echelon programs can go 11-2 and 10-3. I've said before if Mike Shula can win 10 games at Alabama almost anyone who can fog a mirror can as well.

But if all "we" want as fans are literal winning seasons, then Saban didn't need to make any changes 9 years ago when he brought Kiffin in to change our offensive philosophy. We could have stayed the same, and probably won 10-11 games every year and gone to the Outback Bowl and made it a vacay. But we wouldn't have won another three national titles either and would have no doubt slipped behind programs like UGA and more than likely LSU as well.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
This is what most people do not understand when they say "Alabama fans complaining about 11-2 seasons! GEEZE!!!" Most of your upper-echelon programs can go 11-2 and 10-3. I've said before if Mike Shula can win 10 games at Alabama almost anyone who can fog a mirror can as well.

But if all "we" want as fans are literal winning seasons, then Saban didn't need to make any changes 9 years ago when he brought Kiffin in to change our offensive philosophy. We could have stayed the same, and probably won 10-11 games every year and gone to the Outback Bowl and made it a vacay. But we wouldn't have won another three national titles either and would have no doubt slipped behind programs like UGA and more than likely LSU as well.
Most people do not like overachievers because of the guilt they feel in their own mediocrity, which for a great majority is self-inflicted. So they like to gas-light the overachievers.

Now of course in this case, we the fans aren't doing anything really, unless we are donors to the program, season ticket holders, etc. And even then, we still aren't doing all of the real work. That's the coaches and the players. But we are the beneficiaries of all that hard work, and we have come to expect the results.

But the theory holds. Most fans of programs are only acting out the projected influence of the coaches. In other words, most fans are going to be in lockstep with the program even when the program is outright cheating - see Auburn for an example. So if the coaches project excellence in everything, the fans are going to act the same way. And the reverse is true.

And finally, the sports media world is utterly mediocre in every way. An over achiever in sports media is rare indeed and is the exception to the hard rule that most of them are sniveling, petty, insecure wimps.

And I have not even finished my coffee yet.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Most people do not like overachievers because of the guilt they feel in their own mediocrity, which for a great majority is self-inflicted. So they like to gas-light the overachievers.
Was my sigfile for a long time, and literally just posted something similar on FB.

I don't care for mediocre people.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

And I have not even finished my coffee yet.
Man, there's a lot of depth to this statement which boils over into other areas of life...even morality and religious practices.

But that was a solid post that made my second cup of coffee more enjoyable!

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Was my sigfile for a long time, and literally just posted something similar on FB.

I don't care for mediocre people.
I discovered in church that when you have a lay leadership vacuum, mediocre people will rush to fill it. You best be developing quality leadership as you work and serve, or you will have to work twice as hard.

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
I discovered in church that when you have a lay leadership vacuum, mediocre people will rush to fill it. You best be developing quality leadership as you work and serve, or you will have to work twice as hard.
10% of the members do 90% of the work is my experience.

Reactions: Islander

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
In the absence of true leadership, most people will follow any idiot who steps forward. That's the era we live in right now. And we are reaping its consequences. Most people are born followers.

Sooner or later real leaders and those with character are going to have to come off the sidelines to turn this country back on its path.

• Full Banjeaux!
Reactions: Padreruf

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
While returning home from a few sales calls on Wednesday, I happened to be able to listen to Tide 100.9. A few callers expressed that O’Brien had a respect issue toward CNS. That sparked a memory I have of the fiasco at Texas 5&7 in 2021. The broadcast put up a split screen which had Bryce speaking with BoB on the headset. For respect for tidefans rules I won’t tell you what what I lipread that was told to #9. For anyone that still has the ability to watch that you need to. That man was a complete joke but out of respect for tidefans I held my tongue from that point forward. I’m glad that IDIOT is gone. RTR

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.