Bama @ Ole Miss game preview: Bama trying to stop the bleeding, even with playoffs out of reach

CrimsonRuss

1st Team
Sep 30, 2015
This is silly. LSU drops that 2 pt conversion, and Bama is a 10 pt favorite to OM and likely wins the position groups 6-2 or 7-1.

we may lose, but not because OM has better talent at RB, WR, OL and DL.

hyperbole
It’s not the Jimmy’s an Joe’s it’s the X’s an O’s that I’m concerned about. 😜

Reactions: SkullDuckery

SkullDuckery

1st Team
Dec 28, 2015
Full disclosure, my experience with Xs and Os taps out at Pop Warner from about 45 years ago.

During the LSU game I was calling out to my wife and son what play I thought we were running (ie if it's a run up the middle or off tackle, slant pass, out whatever).

Again, I know almost nothing about the deep technicalities of the game.

I was basically right about 75% of the time.

If I can do that, it must be a walk in the park for a coach at the major college football level to in-game scheme against our offense.

It's simply unacceptable.
Marcus Spears posted a video calling out the play on their two point conversation when they lined up. Pass to the TE! He was all over it and our defense was lost.

Reactions: UAH and dtgreg

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Make no mistake Mississippi smells blood in the water. So does Auburn. I don't think our players realize they are the hunted now. And FWIW I am sick of hearing excuses like we can fix this WEEK AFTER WEEK and we just didn't execute. If Vanderbilt executed most of their plays like it was drawn up on the board they would be UNDEFEATED.

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
I am a 68 year old UA alumnus. I have been a member here for years, but rarely, if ever, post.

Here is my prediction:
We will beat Ole Miss by 10.
We will beat Auburn by 30.
LSU will lose to both Arkansas and Texas A&M.

We will go to the SEC CG and beat UGA for our third straight SEC championship.

The reason I say this is history: Alabama is incredibly lucky, especially in situations where we do not control our own destiny. Look over the last 15 years of qualifying for the CFB playoff or BCS game if you do not believe me. If you wish to go back further, look at the AP poll flips in the final week of 1979.

Most you are rolling your eyes. If you are and I am wrong, that is okay. Life does not hinge on CFB predictions or ego or pride.
Sit back and enjoy the possibilities.
Peace on Bruce’s behalf.
bruce

LeBron47

1st Team
Aug 30, 2007
I don’t know how the game will go, but I know how it should go…OM has not played the schedule Alabama has… six of their wins were against inferior opponents… the only team they played that is in the top ten of the CFP was LSU… We have two common opponents Vandy and LSU, we beat Vandy 55-0 and lost to LSU by one point… they beat VANDY 52 -28 and lost to LSU 45-25… with our talent and schedule we should win this one by the spread however it’s on the road… I believe we get the road woes off our back and win by 10 35 -20….

Last edited:
Reactions: TRU

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
Did I step into a time portal? You would think it was the night before the Bama Ole Miss game in October of 2003 and we are just hoping that we don't get carved to shreds by Eli Manning. Will it be a tough game? Of course! Unwinnable? Umm...no. LSU exposed the land sharks a few weeks ago. They have weaknesses!! It's up to us to exploit them. Now, that means playing with a different mentality, of course. That's what it will come down to. And that starts with the team not being beaten before they even head to Oxford

Reactions: TideATL70

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
Make no mistake Mississippi smells blood in the water. So does Auburn. I don't think our players realize they are the hunted now. And FWIW I am sick of hearing excuses like we can fix this WEEK AFTER WEEK and we just didn't execute. If Vanderbilt executed most of their plays like it was drawn up on the board they would be UNDEFEATED.
Auburn has yet to win on the road. Auburn hasn't had a win, period since September. They aren't beating us in Tuscaloosa

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
I'm concerned about Bama beating themselves in the manner in which they've been playing all season. Even a team with the issues of *u can pull out a victory if the other team plays bad enough, and Bama has done exactly that in more than 2 games this season (ATM was another game Bama did not play in the fashion we have come to enjoy and appreciate).

Reactions: Rush and TideATL70

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I am a 68 year old UA alumnus. I have been a member here for years, but rarely, if ever, post.

Here is my prediction:

The reason I say this is history: Alabama is incredibly lucky, especially in situations where we do not control our own destiny. Look over the last 15 years of qualifying for the CFB playoff or BCS game if you do not believe me. If you wish to go back further, look at the AP poll flips in the final week of 1979.

Most you are rolling your eyes. If you are and I am wrong, that is okay. Life does not hinge on CFB predictions or ego or pride.
Peace on Bruce’s behalf.
bruce
I really like your optimism but:

Reactions: SkullDuckery

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
Same can be said for TAMU and they were one play from beating Alabama in Tuscaloosa.

I don’t expect Auburn to beat Alabama, but at this point it would not surprise me at all.
Yes, but Auburn is in MUCH bigger disarray than TAMU. The thing about the Iron Bowl is, location location location. If the game were in Auburn this season, yeah..there would be cause for concern. Even after 30 plus years of playing there every other year, Bama still wets their pants in that stadium. However, Tuscaloosa is a different story. Just like Bama doesn't play well at Auburn, the reverse is also true. Sure, weirder things have happened. But, I just don't think we will drop that one.

Reactions: bamafan1966

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
I'm concerned about Bama beating themselves in the manner in which they've been playing all season. Even a team with the issues of *u can pull out a victory if the other team plays bad enough, and Bama has done exactly that in more than 2 games this season (ATM was another game Bama did not play in the fashion we have come to enjoy and appreciate).
Let coach caddy beat Saban and then watch the media fallout that follows. There will be a LOT more than a handful of Bama fans questioning whether or not the GOAT is past his better years. Not to mention what a loss there would do to recruiting

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.

Here is my prediction:

Peace on Bruce’s behalf.
bruce
Peace!

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Here is my prediction:

Peace on Bruce’s behalf.
bruce
Bruce Almighty, is that you? You responding to emails?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.