Bama players in NFL Games - (mostly Mac Jones)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Before I completely disconnected from Twitter, I commented on several tweets by local reporters who cover the Pats. They were high on Mac during preseason; I said if the Pats can fill a few holes on defense and get a studly WR, in a few years they would no longer miss TB. Mac has done nothing so far to contradict my opinion and I’m pretty sure he never will. Playoffs, although a very long shot, should cement him as ROY. Otherwise, he will still have best rookie QB numbers by far.

BigPoppa52

3rd Team
Oct 25, 2020
Yep, Mac is in a situation with below average receivers and an overrated OC that runs an incredibly conservative offense. Imagine if Mac was in an offense that allowed him to really sling it like it did at Bama.
Better yet, imagine if he had some wide receivers who could run faster than a d-lineman to throw it to.

JamieSPC

1st Team
Aug 29, 2004
Maylene, AL
The game has probably passed Belichick by. Unless a total restructuring process happens this is the Patriots for the near future.
Just another way the student has surpassed the teacher. BB hasn't evolved and changed with the game the way Saban has. I actually think there's almost a glee in the way Saban approaches changes in the game these days; when you've gotten as far as he has, what else is there to accomplish but to challenge yourself and your organization to adapt?

Mac is doing all he can. Like, literally, all he can possibly do and more than any rookie QB has ever done.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
We are seeing more and more that it was Brady, especially the success they had on offense. CBB was/is a good D coach, but offense and talent evaluation have been below average it seems.
When the defense nearly gives up 600 yards you know that Belichick’s defense doesn’t exist, and all of those dumb trades and half measures to address the offensive situation were more of the end of the dynasty than Brady getting old. What I don’t get is why Belichick isn’t trusting Mac to win the game. At some point you have to realize 3 yards on 4th down at the 50 is a better gamble than seeing if your defense can make a stop after not being able to do it pretty much the whole second half.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Just another way the student has surpassed the teacher. BB hasn't evolved and changed with the game the way Saban has. I actually think there's almost a glee in the way Saban approaches changes in the game these days; when you've gotten as far as he has, what else is there to accomplish but to challenge yourself and your organization to adapt?

Mac is doing all he can. Like, literally, all he can possibly do and more than any rookie QB has ever done.
Eh. I think Saban without Belichick is still Saban. Probably a different rise to the top and maybe a few less championships but still inevitably one of the best if not the best college football coach of all time. I don’t think it is like a Parsells-Belichick situation. I think Belichick has been extremely fortunate to be quiet honestly if you look at his drafting and trades. Everyone wants to say “He was the one that drafted Brady”. Well in that same draft class no Patriot draft pick Besides Patrick Pass and Greg Randall made it past 3 years in the league. Belichick is a great defensive mind but so was Cowher… imagine if Cowher accidentally wrote Tom Brady on the draft card instead of Tee Martin. Would anyone consider Belichick even a top 10 coach of all time?

Saban is far more adaptive and far less stubborn than Belichick. Overall he is a far superior coach than Belichick. People can argue until the cows come home whether it was Brady or Belichick responsible for those Super Bowls but it’s far more likely neither are in the NFL right now without each other. But you really can’t say that Saban wasn’t the reason for all 7 of his championships.

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
Ladanian Tomlinson and Adrian Petersen are the only two runningbacks of the last twenty years that did the type of things that Derrick Henry is doing right now.. There have been others that have had really good careers during that span, but not at the level that Henry is doing it at. What he is doing is on par with Dickerson, Payton, and Sanders. The question is can he continue to do it when he gets 350+ carries every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.