Bama players sitting out of the bowl game - a running list

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
So Bama plays in a (essentially) meaningless bowl game for the first time in a long time. How many guys sit out the bowl game? I’ll update this as news comes out.

Playing: Jerry Jeudy

Sitting: Terrell Lewis, Trevon Diggs

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Thanks for starting this. I would not blame any if they did. They shouldn't run the risk of injury in a game that doesn't matter. All this bowl game will be is some extra practice for guys that will be here next year.

Reactions: Bama63

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Thanks for starting this. I would not blame any if they did. They shouldn't run the risk of injury in a game that doesn't matter. All this bowl game will be is some extra practice for guys that will be here next year.
Me neither. I can see Lewis, Davis, and Diggs sitting out. I’m sure others will as well. I don’t have an issue with it.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
I guess some of the draft eligible guys who have been banged up will sit out. Lewis, Davis, maybe Smitty.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I kinda hope any player that will not be here next year sits out. Time to prepare for 2020, both the guys moving on and the guys staying.

Reactions: BAMAVILLE

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
So Bama plays in a (essentially) meaningless bowl game for the first time in a long time. How many guys sit out the bowl game? I’ll update this as news comes out.
It’s a new day indeed. Well, perhaps an equalizer will be another team’s best sitting it out.

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
Diggs sitting out! Lol!
What games were you watching this year.
Any decent team ran and passed all over him this year. Go back and watch the LSU game, I felt sorry for Diggs.

No disrespect to Mr. Diggs, but he looked like that overmatched kid you see in high school games in the LSU game, and how many other top 10 receivers did he cover besides that. He’ll be extremely lucky to go in the first half of the draft, and may slip to 5-6 round. He best not sit, he needs the reps.

Last edited:

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
I kinda hope any player that will not be here next year sits out. Time to prepare for 2020, both the guys moving on and the guys staying.
IMHO, it’s a terrible precedent if that happens. If you letter on the 2019 crimson tide, you should play the bowl game unless truly injured. I hated when our players, most notably Fournette and Greedy, sat out.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
IMHO, it’s a terrible precedent if that happens. If you letter on the 2019 crimson tide, you should play the bowl game unless truly injured. I hated when our players, most notably Fournette and Greedy, sat out.
It is the CFP era. Bowl games do not matter any more.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Dead as the dodo bird, IMO. College football is, and has been for a while, composed of what amounts to NFL farm clubs.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
How 'bout making the minor bowl games two-handed touch - and name Golding 'Bama's minor bowl game HC (and defensive analyst) until his contract expires.

Dead as the dodo bird, IMO. College football is, and has been for a while, composed of what amounts to NFL farm clubs.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Me neither. I can see Lewis, Davis, and Diggs sitting out. I’m sure others will as well. I don’t have an issue with it.
Diggs needs to get back on that field and put up a good game against a quality WR to help his draft chances. He got abused down the stretch.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Yes. He tackled Nix once.
I think that Lewis needs to come back, too - but not because of today's game. He might not have had many tackles today, but he definitely affected him. He had Bo running for his life many times. Unfortunately Bo converted some of those scrambles into completed passes. But his job is the affect the QB, and he did that frequently. Bo only completed 50% of his passes in this game.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.