Bama Game Thread: Bama v. Bama, 4/16/22, SEC+, ESPN+...

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
If I’m a tackle for Alabama, I’m thanking my lucky stars I don’t have to line up against Will Anderson, Turner, and Braswell every Saturday.
Nick pretty much confirmed what was talked about in another spring thread. Braswell, Turner and Anderson in a package together. 👻BOO!

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I wouldn’t be too concerned with today’s performance. No Oline grouping unit played together long enough in the Spring to gel. also, Bryce would run
around more in an actual game to buy time. The defenders won’t be as acquainted with the offensive personnel. Most teams dont have the a Will Anderson or Dallas Turner. one of the things Arch Manning was impressed with was the way the players practiced during off season, something that will happen for Bryce and Burton, Anderson, Earle, Leary, Gibbs ,Niblack, Ouzts, Latu, Sanders, Preston, etc this summer So timing /reads will get better. We Bama fans are spoiled.

Reactions: dtgreg and Con

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
You are correct sir, but oddly, on our team these are 2 of our most talented groups. Both groups are finding their way, patience is needed here. Too much talent here not to be successful, i have faith.
Didn’t we sign the best offensive line class in 247 history a couple of years ago. And the same with receivers?

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005
It’s Holy Week!!!
I know that secular institutions don't base things on religious holidays, but this really was a bad choice of a weekend for A-Day. Lots of people going home or going to visit family, plus thunderstorms, plus area high school proms being held. I live in T-Town and was going to have a group of 8 people at A-Day, but we decided not to go because of the weather.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
There will be a replay on SEC network. Plus, we have help coming in the fall. Steen will help in fall camp but don’t make him the second coming of Chris Samuels. He had some deficiencies the last couple of years at Vandy but he does have SEC starting experience. Of the freshmen arriving in the fall, Pritchett may help, but he really needed spring ball to work out some technique issues . He isn’t a project, but He isn’t a finished product either , his frame and athleticism projects as NFL talent. We also have receiving help with Niblack at TE and Preston, Prentice and Bond on the outside. As much as Shazz Preston has appeared in pics and recruiting visits, I forgot he wasn’t enrolled.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I like our pass rush/disruption rate of success against anyone this year. Front seven is really a strength.

DymaxionDon

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 14, 2019
My greatest observation of the spring games is that coverage by the ESPN/SEC networks ranged from nonexistent to terrible.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
My greatest observation of the spring games is that coverage by the ESPN/SEC networks ranged from nonexistent to terrible.
I didn't have access to the Alabama game but I briefly watched some of the Georgia game on ESPN2 and I had perfect timing since the very first play I saw was a terrible INT by Bennett throwing into coverage. That's always good to see and gives me confidence if we happen to play them again.

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: Con

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I'm worried about our WRs but it was hard to fairly evaluate them on A-day. I do worry we have mostly JAGs starting at WR but we will see over time.

That said I think Leary, Anderson and Law all showed something that could get you excited about, obviously as they were on the 2nd team they had more opportunities since the QBs had more time on average. Leary probably should get some 1st team reps.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I saw an article that said 37,000 was in attendance saturday. I don’t believe it, maybe they were counting players, staff, coaches and concession workers. Anyway, all things considered that isn’t bad. There was an 80% chance of thunderstorms with hail possible.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I'm worried about our WRs but it was hard to fairly evaluate them on A-day. I do worry we have mostly JAGs starting at WR but we will see over time.

That said I think Leary, Anderson and Law all showed something that could get you excited about, obviously as they were on the 2nd team they had more opportunities since the QBs had more time on average. Leary probably should get some 1st team reps.
OK, I`ll bite. Pretty sure that JAG does not stand for Judge Advocate General in this context. So.......??

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn

I think we'll be fine at WR, as has been said the kid from Louisville is coming just not ready to announce, so that gives us some experience with Burton, Harrell ( when he comes) and Brook's so it gives Law and Anderson time to learn

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.