Bama Game Thread: BAMA v GATORS the POSTgame thread

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
This is like the days of unlimited schollys in football ,coach Bryant kept throwing players out there with no drop off, we have ten or so players that can play with no drop off. I feel like we just beat va tech 77-0.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
When this team keeps turnovers to single digits (8 tonight), they’re really tough.

If I were to pick nits, it’s at the FT line. Free throws started out 7 for 7, but ended up only 10 for 15 — meaning we were only 3 for the last 8. Led to Florida outscoring us by 1 in the second half.

Tough to point out things to work on when you have a 28-point SEC win.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Alabama Goes Small to Win Big Against Florida (msn.com)
"Once we got away from the starting group, we went with four guards out there, played Brandon or Dom at the 4. We just felt like it was a better matchup with what they had on the floor."

Oats also mentioned that the use of small ball was why Noah Gurley did not play, the first time this season he didn't touch the court.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Nice, rather easy win.

We let their big do his little dink and dunk stuff for 2 all night and then did our normal things on offense and ran away with it.

I frankly don't understand why UF didn't try to shoot some 3s in the first half to try to keep pace, but trading 2s for 3s and a bunch of run out fast breaks that resulted in Miller dunks that brought the house down won't get you a win against this Bama team!

Reactions: oskie and JDCrimson

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
I’m starting to wonder about the true strength of the SEC this year. It’s not that I’m doubting how good we are; we are just steamrolling everything. This weekend will be very tough though.

I don’t remember so many 90-60 type wins in a single season.
I agree, I don't believe the conference is as strong as in the past but we are pretty good, I still think the Big 12 is the best top to bottom, and while a lot of Bama people talk about the Oklahoma loss it's really not that bad considering the strength of that conference

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Alabama Goes Small to Win Big Against Florida (msn.com)
"Once we got away from the starting group, we went with four guards out there, played Brandon or Dom at the 4. We just felt like it was a better matchup with what they had on the floor."

Oats also mentioned that the use of small ball was why Noah Gurley did not play, the first time this season he didn't touch the court.
I struggle with this explanation. Gurley didn’t participate in pre game warmups at LSU either. I’m guessing something is up. Maybe a minor injury.

Reactions: Go Bama and seebell

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I’m starting to wonder about the true strength of the SEC this year. It’s not that I’m doubting how good we are; we are just steamrolling everything. This weekend will be very tough though.

I don’t remember so many 90-60 type wins in a single season.
I just think it’s that Nate adjusted his offense this year. Minor ones. But by forcing his 2’s and 3’s deep in the corners, it pulls the defense out. So any paint touches forces defensive movements. That’s why we are seeing so many open looks. Defenses haven’t adjusted yet.

and our defense is only creating gaps at the midrange area. Places where most teams struggle to score.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
I agree, I don't believe the conference is as strong as in the past but we are pretty good, I still think the Big 12 is the best top to bottom, and while a lot of Bama people talk about the Oklahoma loss it's really not that bad considering the strength of that conference
Disagree. Away game, I know, and the zebras contributed to the disfunction, but we should have been able to make that a much closer game regardless.

I do agree the SEC is down overall though. We should win the regular season title, make a really deep conference tourney run if not win it, the way this team is capable of playing and the depth others just don't have.

Reactions: Rolltidegirl205

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.