Bama Game Thread: Bama v Sooners - 1p CST ESPN Sat 1.28 - Q1 Opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richtide

1st Team
Jan 3, 2014
Players have said the right things all season but today they did not play like a team that hates to lose and is focused on a national championship. They let the thuggery and one-sided officiating completely take them out of the game early. No change after halftime. They play a team next that is all thugger. Struggle in that one and we now have a problem. CNO gonna earn his salary next 3 days. 2 of the 3 lowest point totals of the year are in the last 2 games.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Ouch! That'll leave some red fannies. I saw a lot more crappy defense where we just gave up back door layups and dunks. I hope we can regroup after that nationally televised spanking. Let's get to work. Roll Tide!

Reactions: LA BamaCarl

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Talk about humbling. I know everyone loves the three ball, but there has to be someone that can get timely shots in the mid range.

By the way, the Big 12(?) is a great basketball conference.
The midrange talk is getting really old. We are 18-3 and have an incredible scheme. If you think our answer to this was to simply “shoot more midrange shots” you must not know basketball.

In fact, at one point in the 2nd half, we had only taken 15 3’s. We weren’t even close to our average. Saying we should have taken more midrange shots in a game like this is kind of absurd. I’ll also say this, midrange is only a good shot for us when a team is playing drop coverage in the pick and roll and JQ did that today. Our scheme is our scheme and it has gotten us to 18-3 and undefeated in conference play. Enough with the midrange talk. Especially when it’s just quite frankly and bad shot most of the time.

Richtide

1st Team
Jan 3, 2014
You act like you know he he doesn’t.
just going off what he has said in interviews. they come up with game plans on certain players but he would rather we stick to our O and D philosophies because that is what is practiced over and over and what builds muscle memory. That is why he doesn’t like mid range shots, doesn’t fit the analytics approach, and no real beef with it. I love CNO. With a young team this was a classic trap game and PM is an elite coach that can gameplan you out of what you want to do. But if Oats is going to become an elite coach, and I believe he can and he’s close, he has to know what the other team is going to do. UConn and Gonzaga have shown 2 ways to beat us and they have led to 3 double digit losses. Not saying shoot mid range but if you’re going to rim, have a back door cutter, be more aggressive, etc. For 3’s scheme more screens. I remember the days when Davidson would set 4 consecutive screens to get Steph open.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
So Bediako basically hasn’t played much the last 3 games. When he’s been in he seems very lost.

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
just going off what he has said in interviews. they come up with game plans on certain players but he would rather we stick to our O and D philosophies because that is what is practiced over and over and what builds muscle memory. That is why he doesn’t like mid range shots, doesn’t fit the analytics approach. I love CNO. With a young team this was a classic trap game and PM is an elite coach that can gameplan you out of what you want to do. But if Oats is going to become an elite coach, and I believe he can and he’s close, he has to know what the other team is going to do. UConn and Gonzaga have shown 2 ways to beat us and they have led to 3 double digit losses.
This is just completely false. They scout every game and have a specific gameplan for each team. They were playing drop coverage in the PNR and giving space to the shooters because OU doesn’t typically shoot the ball well. They were hitting shots. We also got out physicalled. Today had nothing to do with gameplan and everything to do with how we reacted a team being extra physical with us.

Reactions: GboyBama

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I would like to know what our ratio of offensive to defensive fouls are?
We let them play way too physical on offense. We needed to foul Sherfield more just to keep him from changing momentum as much as he did. I think we needed to play Pringle more today.

The midrange talk is getting really old. We are 18-3 and have an incredible scheme. If you think our answer to this was to simply “shoot more midrange shots” you must not know basketball.

In fact, at one point in the 2nd half, we had only taken 15 3’s. We weren’t even close to our average. Saying we should have taken more midrange shots in a game like this is kind of absurd. I’ll also say this, midrange is only a good shot for us when a team is playing drop coverage in the pick and roll and JQ did that today. Our scheme is our scheme and it has gotten us to 18-3 and undefeated in conference play. Enough with the midrange talk. Especially when it’s just quite frankly and bad shot most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.