Bama Game Thread: Bama vs Southern Miss

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
We had multiple 3-4 minute stretches where we went scoreless. That’s how you go from being up 18 to up 3. Making only 2 of last 14 shots is tiresome to watch. At least they’re getting after it.

Richtide

1st Team
Jan 3, 2014
USM losing by avg of 26 pts to P5 teams. We are 12 pt favorites. Lose this one or squeak by and this season is officially is a dumpster fire. Samford might be the only team left on the schedule that we would be favored. The casual fan has written off this season already, unfortunately, moreso due to optics than results. We’re losing to good teams but the casual fan sees the same issues that have plagued Bama hoops for 12 years. I like the Oats hire and I was massively excited for this season, but admit that is now greatly tempered and we are staring at a tear down job, not a minor house renovation. just befuddling with the talent we have they play this poorly. Pearl took 4 yrs to turn it around so this is a gut check for Bama after already being irrelevant for 15 yrs and watching the rest of the SEC rise. That said, I can’t believe Byrne remotely envisioned a 5-22 season when he made this hire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
If you can take it to the rim, score with it!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
USM losing by avg of 26 pts to P5 teams. We are 12 pt favorites. Lose this one or squeak by and this season is officially is a dumpster fire. Samford might be the only team left on the schedule that we would be favored. The casual fan has written off this season already, unfortunately, moreso due to optics than results. We’re losing to good teams but the casual fan sees the same issues that have plagued Bama hoops for 12 years. I like the Oats hire and I was massively excited for this season, but admit that is now greatly tempered and we are staring at a tear down job, not a minor house renovation. just befuddling with the talent we have they play this poorly. Pearl took 4 yrs to turn it around so this is a gut check for Bama after already being irrelevant for 15 yrs and watching the rest of the SEC rise. That said, I can’t believe Byrne remotely envisioned a 5-22 season when he made this hire.

Wow! 15 years! I'm getting old!

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I'm still excited about this season. I like the energy on offense. Just need to get some D!

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
Elite Eight was 2004, really not much to celebrate since.

Yep! Then things fell apart!

Richtide

1st Team
Jan 3, 2014
I'm still excited about this season. I like the energy on offense. Just need to get some D!

I’m excited too. Style of play much better than passing it around. But at some point to keep the average fan engaged, they need to make shots and not pass it to the other team. Defense just a train wreck right now.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I really like how we move the ball with passing now. Remember when we just use the dribble 90 percent of the time to set up a shot. Lot of good spacing now on offense.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Do we really need to see that ankle roll 10 times?

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Like the way we are playing in the 2nd half.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
We started doing well and everyone stopped posting.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.