Bama vs Texas A&M kickoff time announced

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
It's more about the Saban v. Jimbo spat than the product on the field, in my opinion. They beat us last year, Saban and Jimbo had an "argument", Saban has a history of getting revenge when he loses, so there are just too many plot twists for them to pass up. They will hope that more casual fans tune in to join the real college football fans so they can get a huge viewership number in order to charge advertisers a boat load. They have to pay for those huge contracts, man. ;)(y)

Reactions: dtgreg

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
I was hoping it would not be the early game. I'm taking my daughter and some of her friends to Universal Studios. Dropping them off after lunch and letting them run around the park during the day, and then go to the Halloween Horror Nights section when it opens up in the evening. If the game was to start at noon EST, I would have to miss some of the game. Now I will have plenty of time to find a sports bar or chill back in the hotel room until it's time to pick up some terrified teenagers after the game ends.

Last edited:

Perrett4Bama

All-American
Aug 28, 2001
Panama City, Florida
AND - the first call Bama's favor he thinks the refs missed, and talks, and talks, and talks...
And another thing, so many of todays commentators talk about everything but the actual game. Take Jordan Rodgers for example. It drives me completely crazy. I don't care about what you had for dinner, I don't care about you flirting with the sideline reporters, I don't care about your days in Vandy or what hair product you now use. JUST KEEP TALKING ABOUT THE GAME. I'm listening to all of this dribble while I watch play after play after play happen with no true game commentary. Just stick to Xs and Os. Explain schemes, tendencies, SOMTHING about the actual game we are watching. Okay I'm done...☺

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
And another thing, so many of todays commentators talk about everything but the actual game. Take Jordan Rodgers for example. It drives me completely crazy. I don't care about what you had for dinner, I don't care about you flirting with the sideline reporters, I don't care about your days in Vandy or what hair product you now use. JUST KEEP TALKING ABOUT THE GAME. I'm listening to all of this dribble while I watch play after play after play happen with no true game commentary. Just stick to Xs and Os. Explain schemes, tendencies, SOMTHING about the actual game we are watching. Okay I'm done...☺
I'd be thrilled if I could find a channel broadcasting games with no color-commentary - just the game with the PA announcer. I'd even be fine with just the crowd noise.

MikeInBama

1st Team
Sep 11, 2021
Prattvegas
I'd be thrilled if I could find a channel broadcasting games with no color-commentary - just the game with the PA announcer. I'd even be fine with just the crowd noise.
I tuned into the skycast for the A&M/Arky game and it was just like that. The camera views were from behind the quarterback so I could actually see the play develop down the field.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
7pm on CBS

so cbs passes on having Bama @ Tennessee or Bama @ lsu under the lights and instead makes us vs Jimbo their prime time game of the year.
CBS chose October 8 as the date of their Prime Time game on June 21. Knew then it would be Bama-A$M.

CBS Sports announces broadcast windows for 2022 season, including SEC on CBS
Adam Spencer | 4 months ago

Saturday, Oct. 83:30 PMSEC ON CBS GAME TBD
8:00 PMSEC ON CBS GAME OF THE WEEK

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
CBS chose October 8 as the date of their Prime Time game on June 21. Knew then it would be Bama-A$M.

CBS Sports announces broadcast windows for 2022 season, including SEC on CBS
Adam Spencer | 4 months ago

Saturday, Oct. 83:30 PMSEC ON CBS GAME TBD
8:00 PMSEC ON CBS GAME OF THE WEEK
What I find interesting there is the timing of the CBS announcement. On May 18th Saban accused TAMU of buying players and the next day (May 19th) Jimbo had his press conference to attack Saban, followed by the CBS tweet on May 25th (only 6 days after the feud) to announce Oct. 8 as the date for the prime time game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.