Bama Game Thread: Bama VS The Razorbacks - Tonight WED 1.11 ESPN 2 6 CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Once, I found myself in a similar position. Our usual church floor was being resurfaced, so we played at the Dallas Street Armory here, cross-court, two games at once. We were the only white team playing there. Once I didn't get word of cancellation and showed up, the only white face. To my amazement, I was picked on a team. Then it occurred to me that I was the only player with a jumper, although I never got one off in the two games I played. Everyone else simply crashed the boards. Testosterone hung heavy in the air. I did get two steals. Their PG had a habit of letting his dribble swing out wide before making a pass and I picked his pocket. The first time, I passed off. The second, I took off for the opposite end. A glance told me I was being caught up with by a taller guy, but I had a trailer to my right. I went up and whipped the ball over to him. The look of shock on his face was comic. He made a weak little shot off the glass which missed. It occurred to me then that nobody there ever voluntarily gave up the ball on the way to the rim. I found out that we were playing an AAU team. I'd wondered who the guy was over on the sideline yelling "Don't let him do that to you!" when I stole. He was their coach... :)
I wish I had a dollar for every cross court pickup game I'd played in. And yeah, I've played in a few like that where if you touched it you better shoot it because it's not coming back if you pass!

Reactions: seebell

LA BamaCarl

Scout Team
Apr 12, 2020
Enterprise, Alabama
I like JQ's fire but I admire the restraint Clowny showed when I think it was Williams who dunked over him and got up in his face laughing. I would have returned the favor during hand slaps at the end of the game though!

Reactions: seebell

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Kentucky might be calling?
Not wanting to get to far in the weeds or derail this thread but I think a move to a place like UK/Texas becomes less likely the more he's able to win here. Would likely see him jump to the NBA or make a move back to Michigan before him going to somewhere like UK.

He's able to win a national championship here ... we also have the fanbase and boosters to make this into a powerhouse program again so the prestige of another school isn't really a draw. I see him easily staying here another 4-5 years (hopefully longer). Just my 2 cents.

Oh and a side note, my gifted me tickets to the LSU game Saturday so a brother is looking forward to it!

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Just wanted to drop by and say this team is making me have hope....I mean they look SPECIAL.

Like Top 3 in the Country, #1 Seed, Make the Final 4 Special

Miller is an Assassin

Clowney is a Beast

Sears is a LEGIT All-SEC Guard and a Top 3 Transfer player counting football

14-2 vs the #1 Schedule in the NCAA and 4-0 in the SEC with a margin of victory of 18.5 ppg!!

*checks notes*

Last edited:

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I wish I had a dollar for every cross court pickup game I'd played in. And yeah, I've played in a few like that where if you touched it you better shoot it because it's not coming back if you pass!
We used to play every Sunday after church at my old high school on what we called "wood to wood" because the side court goals had wooden backboards instead of glass. There was a winners' end and a losers' end so each game on the winners' end featured two teams who had just won their last game, and each game on the losers' end featured the teams that had just lost the last game. Winners stayed and losers walked. It was great if you had four teams because no one ever had to sit out a game. If there were five teams, the team that lost on the losers end had to sit. It was great. I wish I was in shape like that again, but at 52 I doubt I ever will be. Thanks for those memories, guys.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I like JQ's fire but I admire the restraint Clowny showed when I think it was Williams who dunked over him and got up in his face laughing. I would have returned the favor during hand slaps at the end of the game though!
Agreed on Clowney's restraint. He was not laughing IMO, he was hollering and taunting. Thought a T could have been called.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Not wanting to get to far in the weeds or derail this thread but I think a move to a place like UK/Texas becomes less likely the more he's able to win here. Would likely see him jump to the NBA or make a move back to Michigan before him going to somewhere like UK.

He's able to win a national championship here ... we also have the fanbase and boosters to make this into a powerhouse program again so the prestige of another school isn't really a draw. I see him easily staying here another 4-5 years (hopefully longer). Just my 2 cents.

Oh and a side note, my gifted me tickets to the LSU game Saturday so a brother is looking forward to it!
Just a few years ago basketball in the SEC was probably on par with current ACC football (there is basically Clemson and everybody else). In SEC basketball there was Kentucky and everybody else.

That's changed and SEC basketball is now highly regarded.

That doesn't mean CNO couldn't be enticed away, but he can just as easily win a NC at Bama as he could anywhere else in the country now!

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Just wanted to drop by and say this team is making me have hope....I mean they look SPECIAL.

Like Top 3 in the Country, #1 Seed, Make the Final 4 Special

Miller is an Assassin

Clowney is a Beast

Sears is a LEGIT All-SEC Guard and a Top 3 Transfer player counting football

14-2 vs the #1 Schedule in the NCAA and 4-0 in the SEC with a margin of victory of 18.5 ppg!!

*checks notes*

That’s great. Welcome. But if they potentially lose to LSU today, you can’t get mad, scream, and blame O’Brien, ok?

;)

Reactions: day-day

whatsamatta U

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Athens, AL
That’s great. Welcome. But if they potentially lose to LSU today, you can’t get mad, scream, and blame O’Brien, ok?

;)
Basketball season is more along the lines of baseball than it is football. You are going to lose some games.
This team has a ‘grit’ to it that has been lacking for a long time. We now have offense, defense and a toughness that could make this an incredible season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.