Bama vs USCeast : The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly

LA BamaCarl

Scout Team
Apr 12, 2020
Enterprise, Alabama
Good to see the improved effort on defense today. This can be a very competitive team when the players are dedicated to playing good defensive basketball together. Hopefully this holds up through the tournaments.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
We are definitely the “weird” kid in the room.
When you hit 39% of your 3s they call you “eccentric”, not “weird.”

Caught a little bit of the game at BWW and noticed the energy when the defense triggered some easy baskets, and the 3s were falling early as well. The guys fed off it and away they went.

Reactions: seebell

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
When you hit 39% of your 3s they call you “eccentric”, not “weird.”

Caught a little bit of the game at BWW and noticed the energy when the defense triggered some easy baskets, and the 3s were falling early as well. The guys fed off it and away they went.
When we play defense and hit threes, we make the game look easy. When we don't, not so much. Our inconsistencies give us a Jekyll and Hyde feeling from game to game, half to half, and even in the same half at times. I hope we finish the last two games with strong efforts to gear up for tourney time. Roll Tide!

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
When we play defense and hit threes, we make the game look easy. When we don't, not so much. Our inconsistencies give us a Jekyll and Hyde feeling from game to game, half to half, and even in the same half at times. I hope we finish the last two games with strong efforts to gear up for tourney time. Roll Tide!
My comment was a play on this scene from, “Bull Durham”:

this offense looks a whole lot better when you cross that 35% line (hit the big leagues). Until then it’s just weird and hard to look at.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
The offense was anemic during the first 9-1/2 minutes or so of the 2nd half. It was really getting scary at that point. Ellis nailed a 3-pointer then Shackelford hit a couple and the streak was back on.

Ellis had another solid game with 17 points, 7 rebounds, and 4 assists. (Missed a possible explosive dunk though...)
Had he flushed that one the new stadium would have to be expedited. ;)

Reactions: day-day

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
Ellis had another solid game with 17 points, 7 rebounds, and 4 assists. (Missed a possible explosive dunk though...)
I was wondering about that play, the crowd wasn’t into the second half yet, if he had made that I wonder if the second half would have played out the same way.

Reactions: day-day

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I was out of town and didn't get to watch this one. How did JD play and what about JQ?

I've got mixed emotions about JQ possibly coming back for a Covid season. IDK, at times he can be the best player on the court as he was late last year for us. But this year he's been an enigma wrapped in a mystery.

As for JD, I'd like to see him come into his own. Would like to see him take on the point role and be the guy, but he's got to improve that 3 point shot!

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
I was out of town and didn't get to watch this one. How did JD play and what about JQ?

I've got mixed emotions about JQ possibly coming back for a Covid season. IDK, at times he can be the best player on the court as he was late last year for us. But this year he's been an enigma wrapped in a mystery.

As for JD, I'd like to see him come into his own. Would like to see him take on the point role and be the guy, but he's got to improve that 3 point shot!
JQ was the best player on the court on Saturday, and it wasn’t even close. JQ looks like he is having fun. To me, it seemed like he was putting a lot of pressure on himself to get into NBA draft conversations.Now it looks like he has forgotten all of that and said, “I’m going to have fun and play ball”

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
JQ was the best player on the court on Saturday, and it wasn’t even close. JQ looks like he is having fun. To me, it seemed like he was putting a lot of pressure on himself to get into NBA draft conversations.Now it looks like he has forgotten all of that and said, “I’m going to have fun and play ball”
Great to hear. He was key in the great run we made last year at the SECC and SS. Hope he can play like that going forward!

We can be a dangerous team in March if we shoot the 3 and defend like it sounds like we did against USCe.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Great to hear. He was key in the great run we made last year at the SECC and SS. Hope he can play like that going forward!

We can be a dangerous team in March if we shoot the 3 and defend like it sounds like we did against USCe.
One thing I can say. When he wants it, he’s pretty close to unstoppable.

Having him, Shack, and the two Top 100 guards plus Burnett, would be phenomenal.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.