Bart Starr has died

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Just saw it reported on the Packers’ Facebook page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoSox Tider

Scout Team
Jul 1, 2011
Bart was the reason I became a Tide fan. I was a pro fan before I was a college fan, and I was an absolute Packer nut during the Lombardi era. Still have vivid memories of the 67 Ice Bowl and the first 2 Super Bowls. A very sad day indeed. RIP Bart. A true class act.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
A very gracious man indeed. Tide and Tiger fans have opportunity to be kind to one another today.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Obviously there's no perfect man, but was there EVER anything that was in any way negative said about this man? If there was I never saw or heard it . Great gentleman. Proud that he is one of ours. RIP Mr. Starr.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I was fortunate enough to be with him on two occasions, both times I addressed him as Mr. Starr, to which he replied, "call me Bart". A great man who was humble and truly a source of pride and love for the state and the University. RIP, Bart.

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
Bart was from my hometown. I knew about Bart before Joe Namath so I would say Bart was my first Bama hero. I always wanted to wear #15 out of honor to him when I played sports but never got the opportunity. Great man and a great loss for the state of Alabama, the NFL/Green Bay community.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I had the opportunity to meet Mr. Starr many, many years ago in a hotel elevator in south Florida. I introduced myself and told him I was from Birmingham.

We chatted and made small talk for about five minutes in the lobby. Not a pretentious bone in his body.

He shook my hand, winked at me and gave a “Roll Tide” as he walked away.

What a kind and gracious man.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I was fortunate enough to be with him on two occasions, both times I addressed him as Mr. Starr, to which he replied, "call me Bart". A great man who was humble and truly a source of pride and love for the state and the University. RIP, Bart.
He was a guest on Birmingham talk shows a number of times. Fans would call in and many would address him as Coach Starr or Mr. Starr. This would embarrass the heck out of him and he would insist on being called Bart.

Alanbama27

All-American
Sep 24, 2003
Hoover, Alabama, USA
I too was fortunate enough to meet him in 1995 or 1996. I was going to a friends house in Riverchase (where we live now) and made a wrong turn and ended up in a culdesac with 2 or three large homes. In the middle of the culdesac was a natural area with large shrubs, small trees and flowers and someone doing some work. I said “excuse me but I’m lost” and the man turns around and it’s Bart Starr. Like an idiot I said “you’re Bart Starr”! He said well yes I am. Anyway I told him I was a bit turned around but he didn’t know the street I was looking for and I said thank you and Roll Tide and he said “have a nice day and good luck finding your friends house and then he said Roll Tide! What a gentlemen!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.