Bama Game Thread: "Battle in Seattle" official game thread @ 7pm cst

Bama Shoals

1st Team
Jan 17, 2007
Killen, AL
They are a talented team but Saturday could give more context in what they actually look like. I wouldn't sleep on them.
I think the matchup with Houston will be a tougher one than Gonzaga because of the styles of play. Houston is so good defensively that it probably won't allow our athletes to play free. Gonzaga's style lends itself to free flowing basketball so we excelled. Houston will be a "muck it up" type of game. It will be interesting to see how we handle it. I was so impressed Saturday but most of all with the mindset. As others have said, Bama showed up expecting to win and quite frankly looked like the favorite for the entire game.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I think the matchup with Houston will be a tougher one than Gonzaga because of the styles of play. Houston is so good defensively that it probably won't allow our athletes to play free. Gonzaga's style lends itself to free flowing basketball so we excelled. Houston will be a "muck it up" type of game. It will be interesting to see how we handle it. I was so impressed Saturday but most of all with the mindset. As others have said, Bama showed up expecting to win and quite frankly looked like the favorite for the entire game.
This might be the type game to push the pace and run more and play in transition. We tend to get a little "mucky" in our half court offense at times. Too much one on one dribbling and standing around. The second half of the Miami game was the kind of tempo we should play at IMO.

Reactions: dtgreg

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
One good thing about Houston - they shoot FTs as poorly as us.

Reactions: Bama Shoals

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Yeah but when we get back to full speed if Flan comes back strong we have 3 likely first rounders on the floor. Jabari is a top 3 pick, Flan and Kessler presumptive first rounders.

Talk about a wealth of riches.
Guard play is more important than frontcourt play, especially in college, OTOH, outside shooting is less consistent but at least better compensated now. Of course neither team is empty in its lesser court. Bama is primarily defensive and "gritty" down low with CB and JG, though we've heard that Gurley can shoot from 3 :),

oskie

All-SEC
Jan 28, 2005
I have had a week to post this, but have vacillated between doing so and not. But since we have a few hours before the "next" game, I thought I would air this out :unsure:

Didn't want it to come across as "sour grapes", but really want to know if I am the only one that noticed Gonzaga's big freshman grabbing Bediako's other arm at the tip off?

I have watched it several times, and I don't think I have ever noticed this happening before. The ref and everyone else seems to be watching the ball, while that's going on two feet below the ball.

Is this commonplace?

Did any of you notice that?

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
I have had a week to post this, but have vacillated between doing so and not. But since we have a few hours before the "next" game, I thought I would air this out :unsure:

Didn't want it to come across as "sour grapes", but really want to know if I am the only one that noticed Gonzaga's big freshman grabbing Bediako's other arm at the tip off?

I have watched it several times, and I don't think I have ever noticed this happening before. The ref and everyone else seems to be watching the ball, while that's going on two feet below the ball.

Is this commonplace?

Did any of you notice that?
Yes he hooks and gets away with it pretty routinely.

Doing it on the jump isn't unheard of. I remember reading one of Pat Riley's biographies and he was pretty well known for it as an undersized center.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.