Game Thread: Baylor at Texas on ESPN

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Cincy had to play their backup QB as the starter was injured. That was going to impact the passing game and is why they lost.
I watched the game - at the end, Cincy receivers dropped two passes (big gainers) right in their hands. They catch those passes they got a shot; that’s on them, not the QB.
Backup still played well - they could have won if they had someone who could catch a pass.
And their defense couldn’t stop Tulane RB - dude had about 180 yds rushing.

Last edited:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
So does CNS. LOL
And many of the rest of us…I only wear socks with tennis shoes. And for those buying the ancient Tom Hanks comment (I believe it was about Crockett and Tubbs not wearing socks but I defer to Selma), you could put any pair of my shoes next to your pillow and sleep like a baby; I solved the foot odor issue decades ago.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Speaking of running - Tulane just ran Cincy out of their home winning streak. That running setup two huge passes that gave them the game winning TD. Cincy’s running kept them in the game but their inability to complete a pass cost them at the end. Old school - run sets up the pass but you gotta complete the pass.
Tulane in the Cotton Bowl? Who is Willie Fritz? The next coach at the Barn?
Go Green Wave!! Along with Bama, am a Tulane alumnus!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I watched the game - at the end, Cincy receivers dropped two passes (big gainers) right in their hands. They catch those passes they got a shot; that’s on them, not the QB.
Backup still played well - they could have won if they had someone who could catch a pass.
And their defense couldn’t stop Tulane RB - dude had about 180 yds rushing.
Agreed, and the QB played well in spots, but there were far more errant passes than dropped passes. Losing your starting QB hurts.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.