Beatles Break-up 50 Years Ago

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
i listened to abbey road last week while doing yard work. i had forgotten how good that album was.
I think what I like the most about the Beatles is there versatility.
I like "I want to hold your hand," "Norwegian wood," "Ticket to ride," "Help," "In your life," "I feel fine," "Tomorrow never knows," "Eleanor Rigby," "I am the walrus," "Get back," "Hey Jude."
They just kept pushing boundaries. They had range.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I think what I like the most about the Beatles is there versatility.
I like "I want to hold your hand," "Norwegian wood," "Ticket to ride," "Help," "In your life," "I feel fine," "Tomorrow never knows," "Eleanor Rigby," "I am the walrus," "Get back," "Hey Jude."
They just kept pushing boundaries. They had range.
Also - their music was about love.

That's what made it so popular then --- and today.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Ego played a huge role in the Beatles' breakup...
I saw an interview with Metallica on Howard Stern. The main 3 are still together after nearly 40 years. They said the only reason they still are was because they have never thought one person was more important than the others. Sure they fight, but brothers fight. They even said if Cliff Burton were still alive, they would all still be playing together now. They even still tear up over Cliff and it has been 30+ years since he died.

So yeah don't let ego get in the way and any band can have longevity.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
The band I play in, Four on the Floor, has been together for thirty-three years. There are five of us on stage. I am the only original member. The lead singer joined six months after inception. The bass player has been with us for thirty years. Our drummer or twenty years broke his back last year and it is doubtful he will ever come back. Our other guitar sax player of nine years died.

There are a lot of issues with which bands must deal. A lot of pride has to be swallowed for longevity. In a four person group, if two guys cannot get along, the band is toast. I cannot imagine the Beatles changing or replacing members and having the same band. A five person band can replace anybody except the lead singer or song writer.

I still love McCartney, but none of his efforts post Beatles has had the same magic as the Beatles.

Reactions: UAH and TIDE-HSV

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
The band I play in, Four on the Floor, has been together for thirty-three years.
So you saying the jury is still out on whether this band is going to have any longevity?
I still love McCartney, but none of his efforts post Beatles has had the same magic as the Beatles.
I think McCartney has had the best post-Beatles career.
I thought that some of McCartney's post-Beatles tunes have come close.
"Maybe I'm Amazed,"
"Band on the Run"
"Jet"
"Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey"
"Junior's Farm"
"Let'em in"

Looking at that list, though, I concede the point. None of those rise to the level of the Beatles.

Reactions: Bazza and UAH

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I think McCartney has had the best post-Beatles career.
I thought that some of McCartney's post-Beatles tunes have come close.
"Maybe I'm Amazed,"
"Band on the Run"
"Jet"
"Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey"
"Junior's Farm"
"Let'em in"
Oh, I agree these are all great tunes.

Lennon and McCartney harmonized so well. The Vox amps, Ringo's unique drum style, and Paul's world class vocals all contributed the Beatles sound.

It's hard to imagine another band achieving the stellar heights the Beatles attained. Eleven of their first twelve albums reached number one. They are the best selling band of all time. Paul is a stellar bass player. I can't think of another bass player from that era that could play like that and sing on top of it. There was just so much talent in one band, it's hard to imagine these guys got together when they were kids. In most bands with super talent, the band members all establish a name before the band forms.

In one band you had three of the best song writers ever.

IMO, Ringo is way underrated as a drummer. To this day, I love the guy.

That was a great article. I forwarded it to me mates.

Reactions: UAH

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
And, still the best Bond theme: Live and Let Die. (Not the best Bond film, mind you, but a great Bond theme).
In one band you had three of the best song writers ever.
True. I guess world-class egos come with that.
IMO, Ringo is way underrated as a drummer. To this day, I love the guy.
One of the saddest episodes from the multi-DVD story of the Beatles was from 1968 (I think, maybe 1969), when Ringo told Paul he wanted to quit the band because he felt he was not a good enough drummer.
I remember thinking, "You have got to be kidding me. Ringo was a great drummer." I found it so sad that a guy that talented felt unappreciated and somehow less of a musician in that incredibly talented group. Paul talked him off the ledge. Plus, I do not know of any other drummer whose personality would have fit with the other Beatles.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
I always believed it changed when Linda died. He lost his muse.
Paul seems to have the ability to mentally catalog every sound he ever heard and draw on them to complement his music. Bird songs, industrial racket, his mother’s voice, etc.

Reactions: UAH and Go Bama

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The band I play in, Four on the Floor, has been together for thirty-three years. There are five of us on stage. I am the only original member. The lead singer joined six months after inception. The bass player has been with us for thirty years. Our drummer or twenty years broke his back last year and it is doubtful he will ever come back. Our other guitar sax player of nine years died.

There are a lot of issues with which bands must deal. A lot of pride has to be swallowed for longevity. In a four person group, if two guys cannot get along, the band is toast. I cannot imagine the Beatles changing or replacing members and having the same band. A five person band can replace anybody except the lead singer or song writer.

My stepson had a band in HS. They got so desperate for a lead vocalist, they asked me. Now, my taste in music is catholic - all the way from classical to classic rock to country. We used to play Led, Queen and other bands of the 80s when the boys were teenagers. I guess they thought that, if I could sing along with Freddie, I could sing with them. I told them that I was afraid I would be a drag on their audience... :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.