BREAKING Ben Davis to transfer

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
If he transfers, this will be the third straight season a 5star transfers out of the program . unlike Anoma and Alfano, Ben Davis will leave on good terms!
And just like CNS tells all 5 star recruits...We’ll win with or without you. Ben at least was a man and he made the program better and it made him better too.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Thank you for all your contributions on the field, but most especially that you represented your family and the University wjth class. Best of luck Ben!

Reactions: bamamc1

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
I wish him well (already have), but I must say that I regret his leaving. He was finally contributing, after years of effort...
All the well wishes notwithstanding, dares beg the question: Did Saban encourage him to depart with his frank assessment of (Ben’s and ‘Bama’s) future prospects? Wouldn’t be surprised to see him bring some of “The Process” aura to W.Va. and join Charles Huff at Marshall...

Last edited:
Reactions: bamamc1

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
All the well wishes notwithstanding, dares beg the question: Did Saban encourage him to depart with his frank assessment of (Ben’s and ‘Bama’s) future prospects? Wouldn’t be surprised to see him bring some of “The Process” aura to W.Va. and join Charles Huff at Marshall...
I'm sure Davis knew where he was, whether it was a Saban talk or not. Allen and Anderson are going to be very hard to dislodge from starting roles. Drew Sanders looked good in his reps and was better as the season progressed, and was getting more reps than Davis. King Mwikuta didn't get as many reps in 2020 as he did in 2019, but was injured so he will probably slip back ahead of Davis when back to 100%. Robinson will certainly be pushing for reps, and perhaps Braswell unless he moves inside. If Dallas Turner shows up as expected, he'll be getting attention early also.

It's hard to believe that Davis was running with the 2's, and looking really good, as a true freshmen ILB with Mack Wilson before he got injured, but that's where he was. The injury seems to have really impacted him and he never quite got back to that level. He's a good player, and as I said earlier, appeared to do everything the right way in being a good teammate, hard worker, and was never in trouble or a distraction so more importantly, appears to be a good person. I hope wherever he goes, he's able to win a starting role and have a great season (unless he's playing against Bama)