Best number for white alternate uni OL helmet?

VictorValiant

Jun 6, 2020
I have a full size, regulation (not replica) white helmet with a grey facemask that's been just sitting around. Instead of just collecting dust, I thought I could put decals on it to turn it into a collegiate helmet and sell it, but who has white helmets with a grey facemask with a large enough fanbase? That would be Alabama - the alternate uniform white helmet with crimson stripe and numbers.

Creating an Alabama helmet forces me to pick a number. It's easy to pick a skill position number since they get the most attention, but the helmet is a lineman's helmet with a lineman's facemask, so it would lose some authenticity. So having said this, what would be the best number to put on this alternate uniform lineman's helmet? Would there even be a market for this?

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
The number is 17. That’s how many national titles we claim.

No self respecting Bama fan would want a white helmet. Our helmets have been crimson only for about 50 years.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
There is some precedence for a white Alabama helmet - http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/sec.htm
Receivers wore white helmets in the 60’s because Coach Bryant thought it may make it easier to distinguish them on the field.

You may get a taker. Personally, I think a white Bama helmet represents the school just as well as a white Michigan helmet represents Michigan. It doesn’t feel right.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.