Bicycle riders

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
is your drivetrain a sram or shimano? everything i have now is using a master link which makes it easier than it used to be to fix chain issues.
Sram. It has a master link. It's a piece of cake to change.

I did break a cheap chain tool so I've started buying Park Tools which are heavy duty. They are more expensive, but I prefer having quality tools.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Sram. It has a master link. It's a piece of cake to change.

I did break a cheap chain tool so I've started buying Park Tools which are heavy duty. They are more expensive, but I prefer having quality tools.
yeah, i only use park tools for bike stuff. i've still got a park tools crank remover that is 25+ years old.

Reactions: Go Bama

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Silver Comet was closed today near my place. They were spray pesticides or something, which was what I was told I started that way. I decided to turn around and bike the roads. It was nerve racking and took forever because I was going so slow.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Part of the problem is people not paying attention to the road and looking at their damn phones or talking on their phones.
I ruck 10+ miles a day and it's really interesting how the drivers seems to map out. There are patterns. I won't get into them here but you could tell me the age / sex / race of the driver and I could predict how carefully they distance from pedestrians with a very high degree of accuracy.

• Thank You
Reactions: TIDE-HSV

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Once, I rode from Gatlinburg over to Cherokee and, to show worse judgment, I did it on the 4th of July. After topping out at the Gap, I was rolling pretty well when a compact car passed me, ironically bearing a 47 Alabama tag, and a teenager popped up out of the sunroof. I thought he was about to throw something at me and the thought went through my head that the idiot must not realize that, if he threw something at me at that speed, I was dead. Then I realized that he was flashing all his fingers and thumbs on both hands, signifying I was doing 55, and grinning from ear to ear. (I had on a local HSV tee.) I hadn't even looked at my speedometer...

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Once, I rode from Gatlinburg over to Cherokee and, to show worse judgment, I did it on the 4th of July. After topping out at the Gap, I was rolling pretty well when a compact car passed me, ironically bearing a 47 Alabama tag, and a teenager popped up out of the sunroof. I thought he was about to throw something at me and the thought went through my head that the idiot must not realize that, if he threw something at me at that speed, I was dead. Then I realized that he was flashing all his fingers and thumbs on both hands, signifying I was doing 55, and grinning from ear to ear. (I had on a local HSV tee.) I hadn't even looked at my speedometer...
But you are the bionic man!😉👍

• Haha
Reactions: TIDE-HSV

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
For a lighter note - my wife was returning home after picking up donuts from a food truck in our neighborhood. We live at a dead end, the asphalt ends and our gravel drive starts. As my wife approached our drive, there was a rider heading towards our drive slowly, slowing to talk to our nextdoor neighbor. He apparently couldn't comprehend that he was blocking our drive. She stopped. His toe clips stuck and he fell over. He started berating her for causing his "accident." She pointed out that she was just trying to enter our drive and he was blocking the street. As a final humiliation, he had to call to our neighbor to come release his toe clips, as he lay there. This individual is known to me and I wasn't terribly surprised. I can't say anything. I once got my weight going the wrong way and fell over right behind a packed school bus, to the kids' delight... :)

Reactions: 92tide and UAH

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.