Bicycle riders

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I have a place about 5 miles from my house that is in a agriculture area with about a half dozen houses. There is a church at the beginning of the loop. I drive to the church and ride this loop. Pine trees. Deer, and crop fields along the river backwaters. In this area you watch for slow moving tractors and fast moving Deer. Those of us who ride this area are about to lose our loop. A developer is building Million Dollar houses along the river. It want be long until giant 4x4s and Corvettes will inflict their will on everyone.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I have a place about 5 miles from my house that is in a agriculture area with about a half dozen houses. There is a church at the beginning of the loop. I drive to the church and ride this loop. Pine trees. Deer, and crop fields along the river backwaters. In this area you watch for slow moving tractors and fast moving Deer. Those of us who ride this area are about to lose our loop. A developer is building Million Dollar houses along the river. It want be long until giant 4x4s and Corvettes will inflict their will on everyone.

That sucks, Dan. Same thing is happening all over, sadly.

When I lived in Lehigh Acres we had some stretches of paved road with zero homes and zero intersections - just long stretches with virtually no traffic. It was perfect for riding. I re-located to here back in '95 and from what I've heard the whole place is built up now thanks to the building boom in the early 2000's.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
sorry to hear that. it’s tough losing a favorite riding spot

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i’m pulling my dad’s old trek out of mothballs and trying to get it running again. I think is is an ‘87 model. the drive train needs new cables and a good cleaning but seems to be in working order. i also found the mavic/shimano 105 front wheel i built him in ‘94 when i worked at the rei bike shop. it was never put on so is still “brand new”

CF4B969C-6BD7-4C7B-BF13-C9763C0F430A.jpeg3E379640-4DEE-4AB8-92AC-883063663728.jpeg

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
i’m pulling my dad’s old trek out of mothballs and trying to get it running again. I think is is an ‘87 model. the drive train needs new cables and a good cleaning but seems to be in working order. i also found the mavic/shimano 105 front wheel i built him in ‘94 when i worked at the rei bike shop. it was never put on so is still “brand new”

View attachment 26269View attachment 26270
I still have my old Trek under the house. I would take a lot to fix it up, but I doubt I ever will. It's a hybrid that I used to ride to get out of town then ride dirt roads. I had a few different loops that I would ride, a couple which allowed me to ride through low water bridges. Good times.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I still have my old Trek under the house. I would take a lot to fix it up, but I doubt I ever will. It's a hybrid that I used to ride to get out of town then ride dirt roads. I had a few different loops that I would ride, a couple which allowed me to ride through low water bridges. Good times.
I doubt you getting any younger. Fix up the bike and ride it. It's good for your heart, lungs, legs. Take my word for it, You don't have to ride fast anymore. I've got a buddy who is 79, and Aaron rides the Ladiga Trail System 3-4 days a week. He's crazy tough, and he's not carrying extra weight like I am.

Reactions: 92tide

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I doubt you getting any younger. Fix up the bike and ride it. It's good for your heart, lungs, legs. Take my word for it, You don't have to ride fast anymore. I've got a buddy who is 79, and Aaron rides the Ladiga Trail System 3-4 days a week. He's crazy tough, and he's not carrying extra weight like I am.
I bought a Fezzari mountain bike in 2020, and I also have a stationary bike. My exercise routine consists of riding or walking.

I suspect you are right about me not getting any younger. I'll be 68 in a couple of months. I live on top of a hill and paddling back up the hill is not getting easier with age. I still love riding downhill though. :D

Reactions: 92tide

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i found this site yesterday. lots of great info about the old bikes

• Heart
  • Thank You
Reactions: Bazza and Go Bama

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.