Biden and the Classified Closet

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
So I’m assuming there is at least some difference between Classified and Top Secret…?
They found evidence of Classified docs on Hillary’s server, but Repukes didn’t make much noise about the docs themselves even after she was absolved of any crime.
Did anyone else have access to this “room”? It wasn’t his house; who owns it? Does Biden rent it? A “room” at a “think tank” is too vague.
I don’t think Biden hid Classified docs; if he wanted to hide them his home would be a better place, and I’m not sure he’s that stupid.
I am waiting for more info on this - at this point I’m feeling like G. Gordon Liddy has come back to life, but I’ll reserve judgment until all the details come out.

Reactions: dtgreg and seebell

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I'm sure if you search the home offices of any president (former, current or future), you'll find stuff that shouldn't be there.

If you like the politics of the one in question, you're OK with that. The stuff isn't that important...no big deal...nothing to see here...move along. And in any event, he/she is one of the good guys, and we can trust him/her.

If you don't like the politics of the one in question, it's treason, plain and simple.

The truth is that it's a matter of degree. If your home office desk has a manila folder containing the names of double agents, immediately post-WW2, working in what was then East Germany, it really probably is no big deal. All of those guys are dead, long retired, or on US soil.

If you have the names of current double agents, currently active in Moscow, and might or might not have passed them on to the Russians, that's another level entirely.

Unfortunately, the world long ago abandoned the concept of nuance, and we're now operating on a binary system. You're 100% with me (and therefore purer than the proverbial driven snow), or you're 100% evil. Nothing in between.

Keeps us from having to think.

Last edited:

crimbru

1st Team
Sep 15, 2011
Brussels, Belgium
I personally don’t think it’s about having the documents but rather whether the person with the documents follows procedures and openly cooperates with the return. I think if Trump properly returned everything upon first request then it would not have been big news. The main difference to date is Trump didn’t return everything that was requested and is now under investigation for obstructing the return of the documents. The documents returned recently were never under request and were seemingly returned once found.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I agree whole-heartedly with @4Q Basket Case here.

That said, this sort of thing is annoying as it seemingly happens constantly:
The documents were discovered on November 2, just six days before the midterm elections, but the matter only became public Monday due to news reports.
The press cannot wait to break a story even before it's finished unfolding, but... well, it depends...

Exclusive: US intelligence materials related to Ukraine, Iran and UK found in Biden’s private office, source tells CNN

Last edited:

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
  • Thank You
Reactions: crimsonaudio

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
There are 3 levels of classified, Confidential, Secret and Top Secret. All three cause some degree of damage to the US with Top Secret also containing SCI (Secret Compartmentalized Information). This is a pet peeve of mine and do not understand how our Presidents and Congress can be so lackadaisical in its protection. Sounds like they need to take the same yearly training we have to, maybe they would learn. Don't know all the facts on Biden but he did take the right steps in returning it but just how can you not know it's in your own office. Somebody should communicate with their staffers a little better. Last thing is even though it is old and may not seem to apply, until it is officially declassified it still carries the same protections. Even older documents may have some hints on how we gather intelligence.

Last edited:

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I personally don’t think it’s about having the documents but rather whether the person with the documents follows procedures and openly cooperates with the return. I think if Trump properly returned everything upon first request then it would not have been big news. The main difference to date is Trump didn’t return everything that was requested and is now under investigation for obstructing the return of the documents. The documents returned recently were never under request and were seemingly returned once found.
Intent, what you plan to use them for, is very important also but can be difficult to prove.

AWRTR

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2022
I find the whole thing to be quite humorous. I don't think Biden or anyone in his circle was doing anything nefarious. They just had some documents sitting in a closet. I think the same thing about Trump. I don't think Trump is some mastermind waiting to sell secrets to the Russians or Chinese. He is an egotistical moron that just wanted to flex his muscles and say he wouldn't give them back because he liked them. We give way too much credit to the majority of these politicians and their plans. They aren't playing 3D chess. They can barely play checkers. Politics is closer to the show Veep than it is to House of Cards.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The Trump crowd is trying to gloss over that little distinction...

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
The Trump crowd is trying to gloss over that little distinction...
Said glossing is central to their "both sides" argument.

Once you ignore that Trump took loads of documents as he was leaving office (including documents with the highest security markings), then claimed he didn't have them, ignored requests for their return, forcing the government to get a search warrant, then yeah, it's a lot similar to Biden leaving a handful of classified docs in an office he used as VP, and then returning them as soon as his staff discovered them.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
What I just read (and I can’t access link for some reason) is that Biden hasn’t used that office since 2020; does he own it? If not, who does? And who could possibly have had access? Don’t even start on the “locked closet” part.
I still think it smells fishy…and I’ll continue to be suspicious until it’s proven no one else could have possibly accessed the place. At that point, if provenance is guaranteed , it becomes Biden’s responsibility to own up, and that should be enough to keep him out of the next election.
But anyone who thinks Trump or his derelict followers are above planting this, well….

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
He is an egotistical moron that just wanted to flex his muscles and say he wouldn't give them back because he liked them.
Trump has done so much that is evil that I can't help but believe that he took the documents with a purpose in mind.

I hope you're right. Hopefully, the investigation will give us an answer.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I find the whole thing to be quite humorous. I don't think Biden or anyone in his circle was doing anything nefarious. They just had some documents sitting in a closet. I think the same thing about Trump. I don't think Trump is some mastermind waiting to sell secrets to the Russians or Chinese. He is an egotistical moron that just wanted to flex his muscles and say he wouldn't give them back because he liked them. We give way too much credit to the majority of these politicians and their plans. They aren't playing 3D chess. They can barely play checkers. Politics is closer to the show Veep than it is to House of Cards.
IMO, trump thought they had value and was just waiting for the time to use them.
Biden was just sloppy.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
What I just read (and I can’t access link for some reason) is that Biden hasn’t used that office since 2020; does he own it? If not, who does? And who could possibly have had access? Don’t even start on the “locked closet” part.
I still think it smells fishy…and I’ll continue to be suspicious until it’s proven no one else could have possibly accessed the place. At that point, if provenance is guaranteed , it becomes Biden’s responsibility to own up, and that should be enough to keep him out of the next election.
But anyone who thinks Trump or his derelict followers are above planting this, well….
What? Where on earth are you getting that?

AWRTR

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2022
Trump has done so much that is evil that I can't help but believe that he took the documents with a purpose in mind.

I hope you're right. Hopefully, the investigation will give us an answer.
You are giving the guy way too much credit. The things he says and does are done with almost no forethought. He just opens his mouth and nonsense spews out. He doesn't think ahead.

AWRTR

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2022
Biden shouldn't be disqualified from the election over this. Also that's some tinfoil hat stuff I put in the bold.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.