Biden Policy Thread - III...

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
but i will add that biden hit the ground running on jan. 21st and put us in really good shape to work through it. orders of magnitude better than the alternative
Not giving him credit is not the same as saying we are in the same boat as we would be if the orange dumpster fire were still in office.

I just get cranky when we don’t hold democrats to the same standard as we do republicans. For example I keep hearing about how unemployment is at 4.5% or some other ridiculous number. That isn’t due to Biden’s policies. Fundamentally his policies haven’t even been approved. It’s just like how they are getting pilloried for inflation. Whether Biden or Trump were in office, the inflation beast was going to raise its head no matter who was elected. However Americans are morons and can’t be bothered to watch news that has more than 5 words in the sound bite. No one is going to tune in to someone saying “Inflation is at 6% but here is why.”

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
Months of talks end in this
I’ll never understand why so many issues had to be crammed into a single bill.
Dems want paid parent leave, Awesome, make every Rep/Sen from both sides stand up and vote on it.
Dems want whatever, Awesome vote on it.

I think bills should be no more than 5 pages of standard double spaced type.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
King Manchin is still in the driver’s seat. Rather than being able to express their disappointment over this deal, his colleagues still need his cooperation on voting rights.

he makes Joe Lieberman look like a loyal Democratic team player.

Reactions: 92tide

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
King Manchin is still in the driver’s seat. Rather than being able to express their disappointment over this deal, his colleagues still need his cooperation on voting rights.

he makes Joe Lieberman look like a loyal Democratic team player.
I only hope he and democrats in general understand the importance of voting rights legislation to protect free and fair elections.

Reactions: UAH and Go Bama

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Manchin is catching the heat from the Biden admin, but Sinema is also still not onboard, so this legislation appears to be dead at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.