Biden policy thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Well I hate to burst your bubble but its already happening in Alabama. It will likely be awhile before you hear about it. Likely after its too late and federal funding is allocated elsewhere...

I hope whatever they do it does not involve giving telecoms more money. The last time the government gave them money they didn’t make the promised improvements and the government didn’t force the issue. Basically pocketed the money.

Telecoms suck and need to be taken out of the equation, IMO. Biden needs to put a pro-net neutrality person in charge of the FCC. The geographical monopolies need to be broken up and free competition allowed everywhere. Telecoms should be banned from signing exclusivity deals with municipalities. All municipalities should be allowed to build their own networks without interference from telecoms. Data caps should be illegal, they do nothing to improve network reliability or speeds.

5G is not the answer. There are 2 kinds of 5G and rural areas will not benefit from either one. The most common form of 5G is no faster or stronger then 4G, it’s just marketing. If a rural area doesn’t get 4G now, they want get this form of 5G. The less common 5G (mmWave) is supper fast but requires you to be within 600 yards of the tower with clear line of sight. It doesn’t penetrate buildings and even rain blocks the signal. That form willing only ever be available to a very, very small amount of people, it’s a pipe dream.

What the government should do is start backing companies like Space X with their Starlink network. They need to back companies that are really trying to innovate and provide the world with affordable, reliable internet. Folks who are participating in the Starlink beta, in the rural northwest of the country, are reporting speeds of 100-150 Mbps download and 50+ upload. This is the answer, not Charter, AT&T, Verizon, Comcast, etc. Telecoms have proven that they can’t be trusted and they need to be left in the dust to die.

Rant over, death to traditional telecoms!

Starcastle1958

Suspended
Nov 25, 2020
i didn't see one and thought it would be good to talk about some of the positive changes we will be seeing in a biden administration

one big change will be a sense of fundamental compassion and decency

There is nothing compassionate or decent about Joe Biden. That is the biggest crock of BS I have ever heard. Trump was never anti gay or anti LGBTQ so that is also bull!

Lying is as natural to Joe Biden as eating or sleeping is to everybody else. We have that youtube video of him telling 4 lies about his education in 5 seconds time. Biden is also a filthy racist who thinks black people are dirty and did not want his kids going to school with them.

Biden along with Obama and the Clintons paid homage to the memory of a klansman!

One of the most naive posts you can find.

Starcastle1958

Suspended
Nov 25, 2020
I agree with Yellen as Treasury sec and Wall street likes Biden more than Trump so anything that grows my net worth is fine with me. I'm sure Hunter will be raking it in big time.

• Haha
Reactions: B1GTide

Starcastle1958

Suspended
Nov 25, 2020
How many lies does Joe tell here? He lied about finishing in the top half of his law school class. He lied about 3 majors and he lied about being tops in his political science class. The lies flow like water but this is the example of decency?

You democrats can give a big pat on the back to the Chinese communist party for without the covid bio weapon Biden has no chance in this election. He could not get 50 people to show up to his "rallies" but he got 80 million votes. Yeah right.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Well I hate to burst your bubble but its already happening in Alabama. It will likely be awhile before you hear about it. Likely after its too late and federal funding is allocated elsewhere...
I mentioned a number of things I consider issue, which are you talking about? I’m assuming the one about giving more money to these traditional scummy telecom companies. Doesn’t surprise me at all with all the corrupt politicians in this state.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
@Starcastle1958, welcome to Tidefans! I hope you will hang around for a while and help inform us. You have a tough row to hoe unless you come armed with facts and truth.

What source do you use for news?

Starcastle1958

Suspended
Nov 25, 2020
What source do you use for news?
Numerous sources. Of course a video showing Joe Biden blatantly lying about his education must be some right wing theory right?

This is Biden praising the memory of a grand cyclops of the Klan. Video must have been doctored? Was Trump there?

So Biden never called integrated schools a "racial jungle"? Yeah he did. Joe Biden the epitome of decency!

Starcastle1958

Suspended
Nov 25, 2020
Libs are obsessed with Russia. Did any of Trump's children receive bribes from Russia oligarchs?

Hunter Biden did. Hunter received $3.5M from the richest woman in Russia. That is according to the senate committee on homeland security. It was a wire so easily traced.

Hey it is only a multi million dollars bribe. Joe is decent! Joe is clean! Bribes and payoffs from Russian and Ukrainian Oligarchs and from the bank of China are compassionate!

• Haha
Reactions: B1GTide

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Libs are obsessed with Russia. Did any of Trump's children receive bribes from Russia oligarchs?

Hunter Biden did. Hunter received $3.5M from the richest woman in Russia. That is according to the senate committee on homeland security. It was a wire so easily traced.

Hey it is only a multi million dollars bribe. Joe is decent! Joe is clean! Bribes and payoffs from Russian and Ukrainian Oligarchs and from the bank of China are compassionate!
I began with a reply to you prior to deleting it.

Now, I am going to ask you to either 1. stay closer to on topic with this thread (check the title and flow for the thread topic) or 2. Create your own thread to discuss the topics you wish to discuss.

We generally allow some thread drift but what you are doing is completely and utterly derailing this thread.

Please make your choice and proceed accordingly.

Thank you,
NT17

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
He joins three days before we play our biggest rival and his only football related post was one bashing Sark as a potential head coach. No comments about the game but has plenty to say about Joe Biden.

Interesting.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Numerous sources.
Again, what are your news sources? Did you fact check to see if Robert Byrd was the Grand "Cyclops" of the KKK? (All it takes is a Google.)What about whether or not Hunter Biden received money from a Russian oligarch? Did you read the Mueller Report or do you consider that Deep State? Do you considerer every journalist that graduates from any school of journalism and joins a liberal newspaper part of the fake news media? In other words are journalism schools only producing left wing puppets?

You are making accusations and so far offering little proof, some of which is very easy to debunk.

I agree with NT17. Start a new thread about the evils of Joe Biden. I'll participate.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Again, what are your news sources? Did you fact check to see if Robert Byrd was the Grand "Cyclops" of the KKK? (All it takes is a Google.)What about whether or not Hunter Biden received money from a Russian oligarch? Did you read the Mueller Report or do you consider that Deep State? Do you considerer every journalist that graduates from any school of journalism and joins a liberal newspaper part of the fake news media? In other words are journalism schools only producing left wing puppets?

You are making accusations and so far offering little proof, some of which is very easy to debunk.

I agree with NT17. Start a new thread about the evils of Joe Biden. I'll participate.
That's the problem with Trump and his followers: They bombard you with unsupported BS to distract you and to consume your time. They are long on insults and innuendo and short on evidence or actual policy discussions. The whole point is to get you away from discussing policy and to enter their imaginary world where unsupported conspiracy is fact and the actual news is "fake" and they control the narrative as a result - if you let them.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
That's the problem with Trump and his followers: They bombard you with unsupported BS to distract you and to consume your time. They are long on insults and innuendo and short on evidence or actual policy discussions. The whole point is to get you away from discussing policy and to enter their imaginary world where unsupported conspiracy is fact and the actual news is "fake" and they control the narrative as a result - if you let them.
They are a clown show. Point and laugh. 🤡

Reactions: 92tide and Go Bama
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.