• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Still three months to go, but I see nothing that Trump can do to win it at this point.
I keep wondering what will happen if Biden dies before the election. Stroke, heart attack, coronavirus, assassination, poison, ... If team Trump thinks their only chance of winning is Biden keeling over the week before the election, well, stranger things have happened. After all, team Trump does have the Russia connections.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I have two life-long dem voting friends who have been quite prescient over the years, including predicting a Trump victory in 2016. Both think Biden's VP will be president before the first term is over.

That said, I think more people a revolted by Trump than those that support him, to the point that Biden could select almost anyone and still beat him. Still three months to go, but I see nothing that Trump can do to win it at this point.
I wish Biden a long and healthy life. I'm just not sure that Fate is going to accord him one at this point.
That is why his VP choice will be so important. Not from the perspective of winning (he could run with Mickey Mouse as VP and win at this point), but for the future of the country. As Biden himself said, his VP "has got to be job-ready day 1." I think whoever is VP next January will end up being president before the 2024 election.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I wish Biden a long and healthy life. I'm just not sure that Fate is going to accord him one at this point.
That is why his VP choice will be so important. Not from the perspective of winning (he could run with Mickey Mouse as VP and win at this point), but for the future of the country. As Biden himself said, his VP "has got to be job-ready day 1." I think whoever is VP next January will end up being president before the 2024 election.
Yeah, I know none of us like to think about it, but the odds are more likely than not this will happen. Of course, he could choose AOC to mollify the Bernie nerds. She turns 35 in October 2024, and he could always say that this means Nancy Pelosi would be President, and fulfill his campaign pledge.

Of course - if you want to see the apple cart flipped over in the weirdest year I've ever endured - and a buddy of mine and I talked about it: what if BOTH CANDIDATES DIED before Labor Day?

Who do the Dems pick?
Who do the Reps pick? (Romney - in my view - is the only "let's turn away from Trump" choice)

Obviously, the Dem's VP choice would be the nominee ASSUMING such a person has been chosen. But what if not?

Does anyone here NOT think the Bernie Bros would go full nuclear to get the nomination?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I keep wondering what will happen if Biden dies before the election. Stroke, heart attack, coronavirus, assassination, poison, ... If team Trump thinks their only chance of winning is Biden keeling over the week before the election, well, stranger things have happened. After all, team Trump does have the Russia connections.
I think a couple of things would make the difference here.

I'm not 100% convinced Trump couldn't still beat Bernie Sanders despite all the bad stuff he's done. I'm sorry, I'm just not. And you know if Biden died - without having chosen (or at least had ratified) the VP - you KNOW they're every bit as insane as Cult 45. (Anyone who disputes this - my nonpartisan brother who takes great pride in his efforts at journalistic objectivity has said that when one of the bozos calls them up to rant and rave over the phone at the TV station, you literally cannot tell any difference in the Trump, Sanders, or Warren supporters except for whom they hate; note for context: remember, he DOES live in Providence, RI). He's told me more than once he's had a Sanders conspiracy case nut that you'd swear was the stereotype of the Trump voter. He DID say the calls from the Warren supporters were substantially less - but no less bizarre.

Just fwiw - there ARE rules in place for the situation you talk about with the death AFTER the nomination has been given. (Very few people here probably even know that in 1912, Vice-President James Sherman died just six days before the election; since Taft lost, it didn't matter).

spock*

Suspended
Dec 27, 2006
Woodstock, GA
The thing is, the vaccine that Fauci helped develop is the one most likely to be implemented here if Phase III goes well. Makes me wonder if some will forego it for that reason.
I have immunity until October 31 so y’all can be the guinea pig and y’all let me know the side effects ok?

( I probably just offended an entire nation of guinea pigs somewhere! WINK)

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I have immunity until October 31 so y’all can be the guinea pig and y’all let me know the side effects ok?

( I probably just offended an entire nation of guinea pigs somewhere! WINK)
Not sure what the immunity thing there is about, but after reviewing the data and being satisfied with the efficacy and safety profiles I'll be taken it early - unless there is a clear reason to not do so.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
IDK why you all are burying poor old Joe so soon. To use the now-popular term, I have more "comorbidities" than he and I'm right at three years older...

Reactions: 92tide

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
IDK why you all are burying poor old Joe so soon. To use the now-popular term, I have more "comorbidities" than he and I'm right at three years older...
Luntz said that the biggest demographic that hates trump the most in swing states is “ middle aged white mothers”. He said unless some major head way happens in safe schooling or COVID in general then Trump will lose significantly. He also said Biden’s “mental state” isn’t even a major concern amongst likely voters.

Reactions: NationalTitles18

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
If you look at the before and after pictures of presidents you will unserstand. I think that one year of president equals 5 years of normal aging.
First, has it occurred to you how many presidents I've observed from their entry into office until the end, starting with Roosevelt? You're paying too much attention to cosmetics. The average at inauguration is 55. That's an age when graying and wrinkling, for most people, sets in in earnest. Actually, serving as president seems to enhance longevity, unless one is assassinated. Below is a NYT article which illustrates that and there are many more to the same effect. I think it's silly to presume that Biden won't live to 82. His life expectancy at inauguration would be almost 9.5 years...

NYT

• Thank You
Reactions: Go Bama and Bamaro

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
1- You're a freak of nature, in the best possible way, and
2- you show none of the signs of mental degradation Biden does.

I don't think anyone believes he's mentally or physically in great shape. On the other hand, you obviously are...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.