Big 12 removes UTX AD from CFP selection committee

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
This is going to be a long 4 years for Texas and OU if they cannot find a way out of their contracts. I think the pettiness from the big XII has just started.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
And so begins the political aspects of what is going on. For one this is overt politicization of the committee. By saying they can't have the Texas AD on there they are basically saying the process isn't capable of being objective.

The SEC very nearly got outmaneuvered in the creation of the playoff itself. After everyone agreed on the playoff, there was a strong push to make it conference champs only and the SEC barely was able to fight it off. Now they are moving into a period where it could be 3 against 1 or even 4 against one. Things could get tricky.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
And so begins the political aspects of what is going on. For one this is overt politicization of the committee. By saying they can't have the Texas AD on there they are basically saying the process isn't capable of being objective.
I don’t see this as petty. Texas is leaving the conference, why should their AD be the voice for the Big XII on the playoff committee?
See above.

LeBron47

1st Team
Aug 30, 2007
Well we can look at it this way… it’s the closest Kansas St and the Big 12 - 2 will ever get to the CFP. I wonder if Bob understands he looks like a little girl that didn’t get an invite for the prom in high school.

Reactions: BamaNation

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

The SEC very nearly got outmaneuvered in the creation of the playoff itself. After everyone agreed on the playoff, there was a strong push to make it conference champs only and the SEC barely was able to fight it off. Now they are moving into a period where it could be 3 against 1 or even 4 against one. Things could get tricky.
I could see them getting petty enough to try and throw a wrench in the gears

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Hey the Texas guy is probably relieved he doesn't have to be a part of it anymore. Seems like a lot of unnecessary stress. Plus you can't really influence for your own team or conference as they are supposed to recuse themselves if their own entities are being discussed.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.