Big 12 sends ESPN a cease and desist letter

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Are we sure the letter wasn’t referring to Texas? It was known that OU wanted out for awhile, but convincing Texas to leave with them may have been encouraged by ESPN with their Longhorn network. It was always strange that the BIG12 was a Fox media rights property while the Longhorn was ESPN!

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
Funny seeing some of the twitters today about TxTech going to the PAC. If you've never been to Lubbock, it looks more like a place you get paroled from rather than graduate from.

Reactions: bamamc1

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Are we sure the letter wasn’t referring to Texas? It was known that OU wanted out for awhile, but convincing Texas to leave with them may have been encouraged by ESPN with their Longhorn network. It was always strange that the BIG12 was a Fox media rights property while the Longhorn was ESPN!
Reading through all this, I think the B12 thinks ESPN is trying to poach everyone! Maybe we should change the name of the conference from SEC to ESPN!🤪🥴

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
If I am the Big XII, I have already reached out to:

UCF
USF
Houston
Cincinnati
BYU
Navy
Memphis

Getting four of these would stabilize the league and hurt the AAC before they get to me.
They could add any or all of those teams and they'll eventually fold - no on gives a crap about any of them compared to OU and UT.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Is it legal? At hand is the fact that espn is trying to build a televised monopoly on college football. Can they? Fox is the only other big non espn/ABC/disney college football distributor. I know CBS has a few games, but not nearly as many as those two stations networks (and I doubt ABC/espn as one since owned by Disney.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Mr. Bowlsby, How many times must your conference be poached before it dawns on you that you ought not sleep while at the helm? I'll guarantee you AAC and CUSA are aware that they are always replacement targets in restructuring.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The most amusing thing to me is Bowlsby not realizing when he took the job that Texas had already had a big hand in (not exclusively the first time) wrecking two other marriages. But yeah, she'll be faithful to Numero Tres, right?

The SEC, by contrast, no doubt will lock in a rather nasty prenup.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.